Alcatel IDOL5s spotted

Sean Legend

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
That would be interesting, depending on what develops with a potential Surface phone. Could be quite a time if you're a Windows fan.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

I'm somewhat surprised Microsoft hasn't made a Surface phone yet. I think it does need to happen, might give W10 the break it needs.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
BTW This Android model got Certified under the FCC for the US, model 6060C going to Cricket. Funny how I/we are tracking this salivating for maybe a shinier/better 5s Windows model..:)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
How could we find out the answer to that?

By deduction and inference actually. TCL/alcatel are releasing the 4s pro to Europe. They would only do that with a successful product, generally speaking. Sure EU is slightly bigger on windows 10m, but if the product had tanked in the US, there's no way they'd do that.

TCL also made a dtek60 blackdroid phone out of related components. Seems their general strategy atm is to re-use hardware to juice out the hardware design costs into profits. Which is actually pretty smart for a smaller phone company. Push as many units, while minimising investment costs.

I'd expect this refresh will be the same - it will go as the next touch only blackdroid, and the next win10m phone. I mean, if they could also push this phone in Europe - how good would it be for them to be the only affordable upgrade for win10m users around via both the existing 4s pro, and the new model, they'd have the market to themselves (Considering no one else seems to be going for EU right now - wileyfox is british, HP is US). It would be a competitionless field, full of existing win10m users who haven't upgraded partly due to a lack of decent new options

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm somewhat surprised Microsoft hasn't made a Surface phone yet. I think it does need to happen, might give W10 the break it needs.

According to what I have been reading they are already worklng on it, but it won't be a slab. It'll be a detachable twin screened, credit card sized clamshell - something wildly different from any existing phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
According to what I have been reading they are already worklng on it, but it won't be a slab. It'll be a detachable twin screened, credit card sized clamshell - something wildly different from any existing phone.

Samsung's new flip phone is wifi certified. Looks Galaxy S'ish from the front...new trend setting coming here. Also if what you describe is true, then those proprietary/patent hinges will come into play.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss