WhartonBrooks

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was referring to the 'Get on the List' button on the main page. My mistake, I wasn't too clear. Seems to work now though.

If anything, it's at least consistent in that their website updates are just as slow as phone information updates? lol :winktongue:

atlan1504

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
It's by the way interesting that they are working on a phone that supposedly will run Windows 10 Mobile where most people (including me) seem to think that Windows 10 on ARM is the next big thing.
I do not get Microsoft's strategy here (if that is the strategy). Let's assume Win10 on ARM indeed is the next big thing that'll kinda replace Win10 Mobile, why would they let manufactures like HP, Alcatel and WhartonBrooks put effort into making Windows 10 Mobile phones?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It's by the way interesting that they are working on a phone that supposedly will run Windows 10 Mobile where most people (including me) seem to think that Windows 10 on ARM is the next big thing.
I do not get Microsoft's strategy here (if that is the strategy). Let's assume Win10 on ARM indeed is the next big thing that'll kinda replace Win10 Mobile, why would they let manufactures like HP, Alcatel and WhartonBrooks put effort into making Windows 10 Mobile phones?

Since we are purely speculating (me included) that is why these other OEMs continued investing in hw released with W10M. There is something we obviously do not know....I wish I knew, then again I hope it is not the case that these OEMs do not know either...that would be hard on them if Microsoft laid one in their lap come end of 2017 into 2018.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't want windows 10 on arm for my parents. I really hope windows 10 mobile keeps coming out.
I honestly think it will be around for a while, just maybe only for devices with a 6" or smaller screen. Even though the hw requirements go beyond that...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Windows 10 on ARM will definitely be high cost hardware. It has to be given the spec needed to support it.

There is still a need for Low to Mid hardware and maybe the Elite X3 doesn't count, but isn't HP also supposed to be coming out with a consumer facing device which would sort of be an Elite Jr?

I'm looking at Cerulean as something a bit more affordable than the X3 and all its hardware add ons.

To me the more interesting and relevant question is Windows 10 Cloud. Windows 10 Cloud is a good idea and here's why | Windows Central

Will it have a 32 bit and 64 bit edition? Speculation has it going on lower cost netbooks, tablets and 2-in-1's. Might it not also be a more likely 1:1 replacement (or upgrade, if you will) for W10M? Would Win 10 Cloud be offered to current gen, built for W10M hardware? If yes, what Cerulean will offer, the expected Elite Jr, the Lumia 950/XL, Idol 4S, Liquid Jade Primo, NuAns Neo... Devices like these might be invited to make the leap and could with the OEM decision to do so. I would think current gen Snapdragon 6XX and 8XX series devices would be capable. Likely it will see a 2GB RAM minimum cutting out lower tier items like Lumia 550/650, Moly W5, Freetel Katana 01 (possibly Katana 02 due to SD 410), etc.

What if we don't move to Win 10 Cloud? I wrote a bit about that in another thread:
Worst case scenario, Windows 10 on ARM + Windows 10 Cloud kills W10M and your device won't leap to either of those two emerging alternates. It will still function for quite some time and I see no reason for it not to have the same lifespan it would enjoy if W10M were the wave of the future. We are at a point with OneCore and UWP Apps that even in a state of abandonware W10M has more sustainable viability than Windows Phone 7 through 8.1.
The way I see it, our store is pretty much set now. It's all one bucket that W10, W10M, W10ARM, W10Cloud, what have you all look to be drawing from for the foreseeable future...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping for the best. The longer we wait the more interesting and better it will be...being optimistic but still looking forward to them starting this off. Any more on the time line anyone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte