Official Surface Phone Rumors Thread

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
The latest i have heard is that the hardware is ready and complete running SD845, the software is not ready an the apps are not ready, They are already in talks with channel partners and pushing for release dates, i think we will see this device much sooner than later this year, maybe within the next month or two.

Being a new device that will be defining a new category, I think MS will have some type of special event were the media and tech bloggers are invited too. Nothing is being released, I believe, until that day.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The latest i have heard is that the hardware is ready and complete running SD845, the software is not ready an the apps are not ready, They are already in talks with channel partners and pushing for release dates, i think we will see this device much sooner than later this year, maybe within the next month or two.

Could it be launched during BUILD 2018 on May 7th? The timing seems right... I'm pretty sure they finished the window manager as the latest Insider builds have ****ed up (but easily fixed) window borders.

I hope it's under $1,500...

covfefe

Banned
Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Surface Booklet $1599 (foldable flexible screen, with docking keyboard, 12.3").
Surface Attaché $849 per screen (attachable foldable non-flexible screens, no keyboard, 8.06" for two screens).

lawalove

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Not sure if this is entirely relevant but with all this talk of the rumoured Surface phone being a foldable device the season four finale of Black Mirror (if you haven't seen this please do, it's like a modern day Twilight Zone) briefly features a foldable phone that looks just like the MS patents.

Which episode?

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Surface Booklet $1599 (foldable flexible screen, with docking keyboard, 12.3").
Surface Attaché $849 per screen (attachable foldable non-flexible screens, no keyboard, 8.06" for two screens).

back of the hand math indicates that in order to make a 10" tablet with the Surface line's 2:3 ratio, a 7" folded state is needed. Not impossible, but wayyy up there in phablet space. An 8" tablet becomes a more manageable 5.5" phone.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
back of the hand math indicates that in order to make a 10" tablet with the Surface line's 2:3 ratio, a 7" folded state is needed. Not impossible, but wayyy up there in phablet space. An 8" tablet becomes a more manageable 5.5" phone.

That's if it only folds in half, if it folds into thirds then it becomes much more reasonable. A 10" screen folded in thirds would be roughly the size of the Plus size iPhones (that is if it is an edge to edge screen), so that would be totally manageable for most people.

Then again, the rumored device isn't meant to be a "phone" so this math could all be thrown out the window.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That's if it only folds in half, if it folds into thirds then it becomes much more reasonable. A 10" screen folded in thirds would be roughly the size of the Plus size iPhones (that is if it is an edge to edge screen), so that would be totally manageable for most people.

Then again, the rumored device isn't meant to be a "phone" so this math could all be thrown out the window.

It's supposed to have telephony capabilities so it should be at last phablet sized, and it makes sense to not call it a phone if it's more than one.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Hello, guys. Are there any new rumors or hopes? I have a Lumia 930 for more than two years (near three), it stills working well but I want to know if when I'll must leave it, if I would be able to get a new Windows Phone; Surface Phone rumors were a good hope. I can't return to Android after try WP.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I didn't even see this. Yeah a Z fold makes more sense and means that we get more normal screen ratios. And I think Microsoft is simply avoiding the word "phone" as a marketing tactic.

sreetvla

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Its high time the mobile technology is to be changed just from improving on camera applications to a mobile device which is equivalent to laptop as well. The demand will be large. Hope we can expect this shortly from Microsoft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett