06-15-2017 06:18 AM
145 12345 ...
tools
    Didn't the CEO say they were going to revolutionize Windows Phone? How exactly are they doing this with a rebrand of a mid-range Windows phone from last year? Literally no reason to get this (and there's no way they're going to make their funding goal. It's dead already), instead of a 950/950XL. Those phones may be out of production, but they'll likely receive support from MS long after WB stops supporting the Moment (if it ever comes out). This phone is a joke.
    So let me ask... Do you think nobody should get one? And if not, why not?
    04-05-2017 03:49 PM
    You quoted my post, but you didn't bother to read it? I answered both of those already.
    04-05-2017 03:59 PM
    I intend to purchase a Cerulean Phone but I cant afford to risk 299:00 on the crowd funding reaching its goal, so I just pledged $20:00 in order to help support this come to the market. Then I'll have the ability to purchase one later, this is about support and choice I choose a windows phone and I'll do my best to support it.
    anthonyng and RumoredNow like this.
    04-05-2017 04:01 PM
    Just want to leave this here...

...when my Lumia 950 XL suddenly had a touch screen issue and MS wouldn't even service it themselves-- they referred me to some offshore company in Germany with terrible reviews on turnaround and overall service. Not even worth my time to play that game. I tried to get it fixed but since nobody has Windows parts, I was quoted at around $300 to get it fixed. Um, no.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-05-2017 04:12 PM
    Do I need this phone? Not really, but I want it in the worst way for what it represents. Another choice for the platform I prefer and use daily.
    I guess this is the problem. For a campaign like this, it has to address a need. I don't see this phone doing that.

I have no problem spending money on a campaign, but it's going to have to be something that is better than what I currently have (950 XL).
    04-05-2017 04:15 PM
    To highlight the relative value of the device.

I just got a Stuhrling Original Gatsby Plaza. The MSRP on it is $695.00 and many people bought it for that amount, seeing it as a $700 value and worth the money. The fact that I bought it from Overstock for $195 doesn't mean that it is no longer worth $700 or that some others are not still paying the full $700 for it from the manufacturer's site where you can add it to your cart for full price today...

It means that they had a production overrun and could afford to sell some of that off at a discount.
    That further illustrates my point that the 950 is a better value . Plus you get it now, not maybe in a few months when the technology will be that much older.

Really though, prices on technology go down with time regardless of overruns. A 2GB flash drive used to cost hundreds of dollars... they certainly don't today. Last year's iPhones are less than this year's. "Relative Value" is absolutely time dependent.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    04-05-2017 04:19 PM
    You quoted my post, but you didn't bother to read it? I answered both of those already.
    I'm just trying to understand, because what I am reading leads me to believe the argument against boils down to this... "I don't see the value in the device or the company."

That's an opinion that need not be universal. I asked if and why you might believe that nobody else should support it or buy in. Just because you don't see enough value does not mean that others can't see a fair value in it.

I'm asking if you have a more universal reason than your sense that it isn't a good value for you. Let me ask in another way. If I buy in does it hurt you? Would you rather I didn't buy in and that nobody else did?
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-05-2017 04:22 PM
    That further illustrates my point that the 950 is a better value .
    People often conflate value with price... I believe the two are separate or rather that price is a subset of value. For some it is a larger subset than it is for others.

IMHO, in no way does price equal or encompass value as a subset of itself.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-05-2017 04:26 PM
    Really though, prices on technology go down with time regardless of overruns. A 2GB flash drive used to cost hundreds of dollars... they certainly don't today. Last year's iPhones are less than this year's. "Relative Value" is absolutely time dependent.
    Yep... I agree with that. And my list shows the downward trend in price for an SD 617 based Continuum phone over time...

• NuAns Neo - MSRP on release = ~$420
    • Mouse Computer Madosma Q601 - MSRP ~$450
    • Funker W6.0 Pro2 - MSRP on release = ~$410
    • Cerulean Moment - MSRP on release = ~$300

The Mouse and Funker were upscaled in the screen size and resolution while the Neo is pretty equivalent. I did attempt to put them in chronological order although releases of the rebadged PCphone are a bit hazy...
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 04-05-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    04-05-2017 04:30 PM
    To my friends on the other side of the aisle: what other Windows 10 Mobile device is announced and slated for launch this year?

libra89 likes this.
    04-05-2017 04:38 PM
    Did you say "Buying a Windows Phone?"

Today?
    You must be kidding me!

Microsoft first needs to boldly commit to Windows Phone and W10M.

"As has been the case with pervious Windows updates,
    a device may not be able to receive the Creators Update
    if the device hardware is ......
    ..... or otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer's ('OEM') support period."

Statements like these don't really support Cerulean's case.

As long as Microsoft does not write with their own blood
    that they are boldly commit to Windows Phones/W10M
    and bring forward credible plans and strategies
    the only thing they are likely to see from me
    are my middle finger.

Currently I am still happy with my Lumia 950
    but do actively recommend the new Nokia Android devices.
    Both Nokia and Google publicly committed
    to a long period of updates/upgrades.

-
    dov1978 and anon(9803228) like this.
    04-05-2017 04:55 PM
    I guess this is the problem. For a campaign like this, it has to address a need. I don't see this phone doing that.

I have no problem spending money on a campaign, but it's going to have to be something that is better than what I currently have (950 XL).

Yea the campaign is to address a need in that we have no enthusiast company working for us. At least that's how I see it. I have a 950XL.

HP will throw out phones for the business market. Alcatel is in a well lets see how this package works.

Nuans, maybe the timing wasn't right, but also they weren't really out there talking about it as much as @mistagreg Greg Murphy. I hovered over the backing button for the Nuans Neo quite sometime probably cause I was hoping for someone else would step up and show up. Now I don't feel we can wait for a knight in shining armour anymore and I'm fortunate to be able to put some money behind this.

Cerulean tried to consolidate what the most important specs are into an already built phone and wish to be given a chance to take it further. They basically said, we tried our best at this price point for a limited production run. Now hope they can get some capital to move on to the next thing.
    RumoredNow and Nate W like this.
    04-05-2017 04:55 PM
    Now I don't feel we can wait for a knight in shining armour anymore and I'm fortunate to be able to put some money behind this.
    But you sir are a #CeruleanKnight even if you never got the secret perk.
    anthonyng likes this.
    04-05-2017 05:01 PM
    "As has been the case with pervious Windows updates,
    a device may not be able to receive the Creators Update
    if the device hardware is ......
    ..... or otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer's ('OEM') support period."

Statements like these don't really support Cerulean's case.
    Actually it does. The support clock doesn't start ticking on the Cerulean Moment until it launches so it potentially extends further beyond anything we have currently.
    04-05-2017 05:04 PM
    Currently I am still happy with my Lumia 950
    but do actively recommend the new Nokia Android devices.
    Both Nokia and Google publicly committed
    to a long period of updates/upgrades.
    Have they pledged to make it not Android? I tried again, I really did and not even 6 months ago. I just cannot hang with it.
    04-05-2017 05:05 PM
    I'll be sure to come back when the Indiegogo campaign is at 2 days remaining and $900,000+ short of the goal and see how many of you have decided that a 950/950XL is a pretty good deal after all. Lol.
    04-05-2017 05:08 PM
    I'll be sure to come back when the Indiegogo campaign is at 2 days remaining and $900,000+ short of the goal and see how many of you have decided that a 950/950XL is a pretty good deal after all. Lol.
    If that somehow makes you fell better about yourself, go for it.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    04-05-2017 05:34 PM
    Well I've passed on the 950/XL right along. This won't change that for me whether it goes through or not. I have a 1020, a 1520 and I drive an Idol 4S Windows daily...

I'm just not looking at it from the same perspective you are. It's not about needing THIS phone right now. It's about needing more phones in future from more players.
    TgeekB and anthonyng like this.
    04-05-2017 05:52 PM
    Sorry but... good god the cringe in your marketing buzzwords is overwhelming.
    Not at all. He's a former webOS devotee like myself who knows what it feels like to stripped of your favorite OS. He's got passion for this platform and I support him all the way.
    RumoredNow, IndyJG, Nate W and 2 others like this.
    04-05-2017 06:42 PM
    This will not be the phone for me. I already have a 640 and 640XL. Considering the Alcatel 4S but hoping something or nothing happens this month that will help in my decision.
    04-05-2017 08:46 PM
    This will not be the phone for me. I already have a 640 and 640XL. Considering the Alcatel 4S but hoping something happens this month that will help in my decision.
    Good choice.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-05-2017 08:49 PM
    This will not be the phone for me. I already have a 640 and 640XL. Considering the Alcatel 4S but hoping something happens this month that will help in my decision.
    Would you consider donating a few bucks just to help ensure that there is another OEM in operation to bring out phones in the future?
    04-05-2017 08:51 PM
    Sorry but not on this one.
    04-05-2017 08:53 PM
    At least I tried. LOL

Thanks anyway.
    04-05-2017 09:01 PM
    Would you consider donating a few bucks just to help ensure that there is another OEM in operation to bring out phones in the future?
    Had the funding needed be around $200,000 then maybe. But 1 million is just a bit to much of a stretch. I'd guess he'll come up at least 1/2 million short. I was hoping for quite a different phone.
    04-05-2017 09:02 PM
145 12345 ...