Calling All Cerulean Knights to Battle

Fred_EM

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you say "Buying a Windows Phone?"

Today?
You must be kidding me!

Microsoft first needs to boldly commit to Windows Phone and W10M.

"As has been the case with pervious Windows updates,
a device may not be able to receive the Creators Update
if the device hardware is ......
..... or otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer's ('OEM') support period."

Statements like these don't really support Cerulean's case.

As long as Microsoft does not write with their own blood
that they are boldly commit to Windows Phones/W10M
and bring forward credible plans and strategies
the only thing they are likely to see from me
are my middle finger.

Currently I am still happy with my Lumia 950
but do actively recommend the new Nokia Android devices.
Both Nokia and Google publicly committed
to a long period of updates/upgrades.

-

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess this is the problem. For a campaign like this, it has to address a need. I don't see this phone doing that.

I have no problem spending money on a campaign, but it's going to have to be something that is better than what I currently have (950 XL).

Yea the campaign is to address a need in that we have no enthusiast company working for us. At least that's how I see it. I have a 950XL.

HP will throw out phones for the business market. Alcatel is in a well lets see how this package works.

Nuans, maybe the timing wasn't right, but also they weren't really out there talking about it as much as @mistagreg Greg Murphy. I hovered over the backing button for the Nuans Neo quite sometime probably cause I was hoping for someone else would step up and show up. Now I don't feel we can wait for a knight in shining armour anymore and I'm fortunate to be able to put some money behind this.

Cerulean tried to consolidate what the most important specs are into an already built phone and wish to be given a chance to take it further. They basically said, we tried our best at this price point for a limited production run. Now hope they can get some capital to move on to the next thing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"As has been the case with pervious Windows updates,
a device may not be able to receive the Creators Update
if the device hardware is ......
..... or otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer's ('OEM') support period."

Statements like these don't really support Cerulean's case.

Actually it does. The support clock doesn't start ticking on the Cerulean Moment until it launches so it potentially extends further beyond anything we have currently.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Currently I am still happy with my Lumia 950
but do actively recommend the new Nokia Android devices.
Both Nokia and Google publicly committed
to a long period of updates/upgrades.

Have they pledged to make it not Android? I tried again, I really did and not even 6 months ago. I just cannot hang with it.

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I'll be sure to come back when the Indiegogo campaign is at 2 days remaining and $900,000+ short of the goal and see how many of you have decided that a 950/950XL is a pretty good deal after all. Lol.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'll be sure to come back when the Indiegogo campaign is at 2 days remaining and $900,000+ short of the goal and see how many of you have decided that a 950/950XL is a pretty good deal after all. Lol.

If that somehow makes you fell better about yourself, go for it.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Well I've passed on the 950/XL right along. This won't change that for me whether it goes through or not. I have a 1020, a 1520 and I drive an Idol 4S Windows daily...

I'm just not looking at it from the same perspective you are. It's not about needing THIS phone right now. It's about needing more phones in future from more players.

steadydon

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
This will not be the phone for me. I already have a 640 and 640XL. Considering the Alcatel 4S but hoping something or nothing happens this month that will help in my decision.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This will not be the phone for me. I already have a 640 and 640XL. Considering the Alcatel 4S but hoping something happens this month that will help in my decision.

Would you consider donating a few bucks just to help ensure that there is another OEM in operation to bring out phones in the future?

steadydon

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Would you consider donating a few bucks just to help ensure that there is another OEM in operation to bring out phones in the future?

Had the funding needed be around $200,000 then maybe. But 1 million is just a bit to much of a stretch. I'd guess he'll come up at least 1/2 million short. I was hoping for quite a different phone.

RicketyTiger

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I agree with Travis. I have anxiously waited for the Cerulean release, only to find it a mid-range device that I have little interest in. I, too, would have paid for a premium flagship. That's what the last few of us icemen want, I believe.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Had the funding needed be around $200,000 then maybe. But 1 million is just a bit to much of a stretch. I'd guess he'll come up at least 1/2 million short. I was hoping for quite a different phone.

Sometimes, beggars cannot be choosers. I want to ask though, what kind of differences were you looking for and still keeping it around 290/300?

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
You can count me as #24 for the Cerulean Knights perk.

The phone won't work on my network. And I have to be honest that this goal is very hard to reach. Not WhartonBrooks' fault. If the demand for Windows on a phone was there, this campaign would be funded super fast. Most people I know, like myself, like to support local business. It's just hard to get people excited about Windows.

But I support the company. And the people. I'm pledging my support. Can't complain about iOS/Android and how the industry needs more players if you don't do anything about it, right? I'm not here to ***** and moan about the industry. I'm going to put my energy behind those trying to make a difference.

I was hopeful for Verizon support, but I knew that was a longshot. It's freaking expensive. You gotta walk before you can run. I know that once they have the means to get onto Verizon, they will.

But they can't get there with us sitting here gawking at the low end specs.

I wish you the best of luck, WhartonBrooks. You have my money (and fandom).

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Not at all. He's a former webOS devotee like myself who knows what it feels like to stripped of your favorite OS. He's got passion for this platform and I support him all the way.

Sure, I wish everyone on board the best of luck too. It's just all this talk of 'Knighthoods' for the 'True Believers' just makes the posts slightly painful to read.

I won't make a big deal out of it anyway, you all have your fun. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb