Windows 10 Mobile version of Samsung’s Galaxy S8?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Samsung is smarter than that. You can delete this thread now.

Smarter, meh...maybe
Definitely they are into the money making part of it. Why else would they sell back to people the very thing that caused them so much grief last year. If I were them I would have wiped my hands clean of the Note 7. Now the Note 7R is soon to be up for grabs...

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Have to agree, it is just screen shots posted over an S8, but that has me thinking. Before dismissing the idea, read it first.

1) Windows 10 on ARM will be designed to first run on the SD835 chipset. The S8 has this chipset already. It has 4Gb of RAM, 64Gb of storage, nice screen, though a bit too tall for the width in my opinion.

2) A lot of corporations still will not accept Android or Apple phones on their corporate network due to security issues. Windows 10 phone access would be managed by a IT person to allow certain functions, while limiting others within the company network. This would make Windows 10 phones a preferred choice, besides BlackBerry OS, which is defunct now.

3) A new Note 8, running the same chipset as the S8, but with a wider screen, on a true phablet format like the Note 4, with a aluminum or magnesium body (NO GLASS other than the front display) running Windows 10 on ARM would be a good device to go after corporate customers.

It would compete directly with the HP Elite X3, and once C-Shell is implemented, would allow a user to have basically a full function PC in your pocket, where it could be used as a phone, a mini tablet, or with a docking station, a desktop replacement.

I know most people dismiss Windows OS outright for phones now, but with some of the things MS is working toward, this could be a reality if Samsung has the will to go after the corporate market.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Would be like what TCL did with the IDOL4s/DTEK60/IDOL4s Android...kinda convenient not having to recreate the wheel so to speak.

We all would be in awe if Samsung came out with an S8 running Windows 10 M. Only because it is Samsung. All know who that maker is. I think we forget that Microsoft has a say in that too, whether or not Samsung and Microsoft both agreed on it and if they did then you have yourself an interesting scenario. Be interesting to know what Microsoft and Samsung say about all the rumors lately...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Have to agree, it is just screen shots posted over an S8, but that has me thinking.
It is. 950XL screen shots to be exact. That is why it looks pretty clean at first glance. But you can see the edge drawer/edge screen toggle or whatever it is. Plus the author posted on GSM Arena stating he posted those on a Windows 10 forum to strike interest in what it would look like if the S8 had windows 10 mobile on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire