Windows 8 Tablet by Nokia can't wait

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait for the rumored Nokia Windows 8 tablet. I am using a iPad now but Safari will not work with my Home Office website. Business users really need a Windows 8 Tablet for work. I hope beyond all hopes that Nokia can come out with a home run machine.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
OK I have been so entrenched with Apple Products that I have been missing the news on Windows products but that may change and soon. Is there a Windows tablet out right now that is top notch? HP had some sort of tablet but it has been discontinued. I need something that runs Internet Explorer well to connect to my companies website. I don't want something cheesy, I may have to wait for the rumored Nokia Tablet running Windows 8. Any news is welcome.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Official "windows 8" tablets will be released when windows 8 is. So around October /November . But there are a couple really good tablets you can buy now and put win8 consumer preview on it. I have the Samsung Series 7 Slate.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

WP7_Lover

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung Series 7 tablets are very nice and work well with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. They are almost the same as the table that was given out at the Build Conference.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
The Samsung Series 7 tablets are very nice and work well with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. They are almost the same as the table that was given out at the Build Conference.

Those things are freaking expensive...We bought one for testing..$1300!! :confused:

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
What's top noth? Untill the final W8 tablets are released an Acer w500 will do me just fine.
All hardware on it is supported. Bought second hand cheap. Loving it.
W8 x86 tablets are a whole new market. Only W8 ARM tablets can be compared with the big phone tablets like a Tab10.1 and ipad.

Myclevername

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
OK I have been so entrenched with Apple Products that I have been missing the news on Windows products but that may change and soon. Is there a Windows tablet out right now that is top notch? HP had some sort of tablet but it has been discontinued. I need something that runs Internet Explorer well to connect to my companies website. I don't want something cheesy, I may have to wait for the rumored Nokia Tablet running Windows 8. Any news is welcome.
I'm using the Windows 8 Consumer Build on an Acer Iconia W500. Its the best of both worlds. A 10 inch tablet that also docks into a keyboard when I need the faster functionality of a netbook experience. When I'm done, I just rip the screen free from the keyboard and Windows 8 in all of its touch based glory, is in my lap or in bed or at Starbucks, surfing via WiFi. Downloaded Kindle and love reading in it.
Check it out on the Acer site or on Ebay. I bought mine on Craigslist for a steal.
Windows 8 needs a keyboard sometimes.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
While I love my iPad 2 dearly, I will probably be heading out for a Windows 8 tablet, should Nokia bring one to the table.

Same here. I love my iPad 2.

It started as a gadget toy for me, but my PC use has dropped for something like 40% after year of iPad use.

One thing i love on Windows 8 is the multitasking over ipad. Just wanna see Nokia deliver on the spec and design department and i'm buying it.
Thinking how important the screen is on tablets it would be cool to see some really high reso screen be it ISP or AMOLED with Nokia's Clear Black display tech (added polarizing filter layer).

The thing that separates Nokia's Clear Black Display and Samsung's S AMOLED is that it can be added to any display type for better viewing angels and deeper blacks.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I'll get a Win 8 Tablet but I can't say it'll be Nokia. As far as I know, they haven't proven themselves with Windows Phones. (I had the chance get a hands on the Nokia 900 today. I can't say I was as "impressed" with it as I thought I would be.) But when the tablets begin to drop, we'll see what they can do for the American palate. Then I'll decide.

gzinkl

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I'll get a Win 8 Tablet but I can't say it'll be Nokia. As far as I know, they haven't proven themselves with Windows Phones. (I had the chance get a hands on the Nokia 900 today. I can't say I was as "impressed" with it as I thought I would be.) But when the tablets begin to drop, we'll see what they can do for the American palate. Then I'll decide.

why were you not impressed w the Lumia 900?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
why were you not impressed w the Lumia 900?

The one I had in hand felt a tad bit sluggish than my Titan. And even comparing it to the Samsung Focus S display model, it wasn't as snappy. Don't get me wrong, I'd take a Nokia 900 over any android but as it relates to what Nokia may bring to the tablet world, I'm in "wait and see" mode. Windows 8? Yes in-deed. Nokia tablet? I'm less certain about that.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I am also waiting to see what goodies Nokia offers in the form of a tablet. Will it be RT or
x86. I bet it'll be windowsRT. I do like the Asus 600 and 810 I saw at computex

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia is going to make a tablet then let's hope they have the brains to innovate and make a phon-let! I keep waiting for someone to change the game, MS totally dropped the ball with the Surface. If Nokia wants to hit a home run they need to make a 7" - 10" tablet with phone parts built in period!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If Nokia is going to make a tablet then let's hope they have the brains to innovate and make a phon-let! I keep waiting for someone to change the game, MS totally dropped the ball with the Surface. If Nokia wants to hit a home run they need to make a 7" - 10" tablet with phone parts built in period!

There's other ways to be innovative than make a PadFone. ;) I doubt that's the kind of thing to gather masses and waste R&D at this point imo.

I rather hope Nokia to make high end tablet (that will probably give with Nokia) with higher end specs in the 450-700 euros range, amazing great Clear Black screen, Nokia design and at best some twist to it all from Nokia.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
There's other ways to be innovative than make a PadFone. ;) I doubt that's the kind of thing to gather masses and waste R&D at this point imo.

I rather hope Nokia to make high end tablet (that will probably give with Nokia) with higher end specs in the 450-700 euros range, amazing great Clear Black screen, Nokia design and at best some twist to it all from Nokia.

But that IS the point! How many companies are making phone/tablets? Not many that I know of. But how many are make tablets? Everybody and his aunt Tilly! So how do you stand out from the crowd? By making something different and convenient!!!

When tablets first came out I wondered why anyone would buy them, they didn't really do anything besides web surfing, email, app's, etc. I had a Palm Pre for all that so I bought a laptop. Then the HP firesale happened and since they were reasonably priced I bought a Touchpad. After hacking the Pre so it can be a hot spot for the Touchpad, I now use the TP to do everything the Pre did, except make calls & text. Oh wait, just discovered a way to text with it. ;) The Pre has become an expensive alarm clock! And if the Touchpad had built in phone capabilities, that Pre would be in a drawer collecting dust! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte