Does anyone think we'll see a Nexus 7-like Win RT tablet?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping it's only a matter of time. I currently use a Lumia 920, but I've got a nexus 7 to meet my tablet needs. The Windows RT tablets are cool but still a bit to big and expensive for my tastes. Do you guys think we'll see something similar in price, form factor and performance to the Nexus 7? If so I'd be happy to buy one, that goes double if Nokia were to make it. Whos with me?

Matt Sharp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is reportedly working on an 7" "Xbox Slate" Assuming it offers a full tablet experience not solely gaming, I will by it in a heartbeat. I use a Rooted KF for my tablet and I really do not like android.

aniym

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
^^ Yeah like he said, MS is making an Xbox Surface. Ballmer also met with Peter Chou of HTC a couple of weeks ago and Bloomberg reported that HTC will make 7-inch and 10-inch tablets...heard something about a 12-incher as well, but that might not be official.

I hope HTC will target the Nexus 7/KFire/Nook HD market with the 7-inch tablet....it needs to be priced at $199 or lower, the barrier to entry for WRT right now is its price point. The Nexus 7 finally saw some momentum build among developers for tablet-optimized apps. The same could happen for RT if MS works with HTC to deliver a high-quality 7-inch tab at a low entry price. I'm sure there were many N7s gifted over Xmas this year.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I do not. Amazon and Google can get away with selling tablets at cost or even at a loss, because they make it up in content sales and/or ad revenue. We may see a similar form factor, but it will be a little while before we see one at those super-low prices.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
An Xbox Surface 7" would be awesome. I would be willing to pay regular tablet price too. A serious PS Vita and 3DS grade gaming device that's as convenient as a Nexus 7.... wow. The iPad mini, Vita and 3DS will have to seriously think about what to do to keep up. If it could have a controller kind of thing that attaches like the type cover and also acts as a cover, that would be epic.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
There's clearly market for these under 10" tablets, but i personally just don't get them. Sure price is a factor as screen is always the most expensive component be it a phone or tablet, but other than that i haven't really ever got the idea of under 10" tablets (or under the ipad 9.7").
Phones screens are over 4" all over, so to me at least that make these smaller tablets useless. 10" looks small to me, if anything i would want to see more of 13" tablets like Transformer book. That 13" fits to the same bag or is just as portable as 7" tablet that's not pocketable anyways.

That said it would be interesting to see MS gaming tablet in 7" formfactor and hopefully tie it all up much better than Sony did with Vita and their Sony/Android platform. Could be something amazing. As for Nokia releasing 7" budget tablet in Q1 2013, that's not how Nokia usually works, but then they have been doing a lot of stuff they usually would have not done past couple of years, so who knows.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well the point of small 7" tablets is the comfort in using them. I've tried using an iPad while in bed using one hand. Not only does it get very tiring but its just uncomfortable. The nexus 7 on the other hand is a breeze to use one handed in bed. That's mainly why I love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss