Who is considering this dual OS concept?

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm very interested of this release by Samsung. I'm just curious how well it will work and if continued support will be there for it as it is the only one of its kind in the market. It is very tempting. My other option was the Yoga 13.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was a Linux fan (still am if you ask those who know me) and still have my Linux machines. However as far as the Android/Win8 world, I like having the best of both worlds. It will bridge my two ecosystems well. I just want it to come with an i7, more ram and a larger SSD.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I would only want W8 and Mac OS Dual boot on a Touch screen 13 inch laptop Convertable...or a W8 and IOS dual point. I hate everything Android and Google.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Windows + Android brings absolutely nothing to the table from my perspective. Walking around with a device that will offer me lousy Office knockoffs and middling compatibility, which I will then have to fix when I get back to the Windows machine is in no way desirable. Using a full blown OS and then switching to Android also offers me nothing I would ever want. Throw in the cognitive disconnect of switching between one OS concept that Microsoft carries across all platforms, and the very different Android approach, and it just doesn't work for me. BTW, if I was going to go with the Lenovo Yoga, I would take the new 11S, not the 13.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Honestly this concept sounds really dumb. since you can get a Windows x86 Tablet and install bluestacks (if you really need an android App). yeah it maybe is not that great, and install like 1 billion services, and depending what you going to run, it might be good or not. but you dont have to switch computers and you would have the same "both worlds" because you can run android apps and of course windows desktop/win8 apps.. all in one OS and in the same desktop, since you can snap win8 apps next to your desktop and work in both interfaces if you want. (specially in win8.1).. but of course you can also get a lot of deskop apps that would work better than any win8 or android or ios app.

so yeah, to me its kinda of dumb, since you can do the same in one OS with something like bluestacks, which doesn't work too bad to be honest. I didn't like it or find it so important. but I tested it and it was fine.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I think that this iteration will be more stable and smoother than those other options. Since I'm more invested in Windows and Google, then this is more ideal. Also with all of the issues between Apple and Samsung, I don't think a Win8/iOS or Mac OS hybrid will happen from them.
There's 2 sku's listed, which has me curious as to what the offerings will be.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Windows + Android brings absolutely nothing to the table from my perspective. Walking around with a device that will offer me lousy Office knockoffs and middling compatibility, which I will then have to fix when I get back to the Windows machine is in no way desirable. Using a full blown OS and then switching to Android also offers me nothing I would ever want. Throw in the cognitive disconnect of switching between one OS concept that Microsoft carries across all platforms, and the very different Android approach, and it just doesn't work for me. BTW, if I was going to go with the Lenovo Yoga, I would take the new 11S, not the 13.

Why would you choose the 11s over the 13?

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well with the news release of built-in backdoors by the Chinese in US bound Lenovo devices, it appears that I will be going with the Ativ Q. Now if I can only find a Win8 17" touchscreen i7 (latest gen) laptop capable of rendering and video editing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss