Is this the Surface laptop?

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
There's a picture of a laptop on the new Microsoft Edge introduction page that shows a nice looking laptop that's wedge shaped exactly how I would imagine a Surface laptop to look.

device-section2.png

I've never seen this laptop anywhere, with a big black trackpad and that wedge shape on the edges... this has to be a Surface laptop, right? :love:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My money is on it being a generic laptop graphic. I honestly, can't expect a Surface laptop considering there's a market full of them.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
The screen looks like the screen of Surface.

The keys on the keyboard also look like type cover keys. This may be a real device in the future.

Given the good brand name of Surface, I think there is potential for a Surface laptop, with a 14"-15" screen. It is kind of the Microsoft equivalent of MacBook Pro (but I would expect it is much lighter than MBP).

I really hope the Surface line can be extended to larger screen size. If the Surface products continue to be successful, I think Microsoft does not need to put so much money on promoting new Surface devices.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The screen looks like the screen of Surface.

The keys on the keyboard also look like type cover keys. This may be a real device in the future.

Given the good brand name of Surface, I think there is potential for a Surface laptop, with a 14"-15" screen. It is kind of the Microsoft equivalent of MacBook Pro (but I would expect it is much lighter than MBP).

I really hope the Surface line can be extended to larger screen size. If the Surface products continue to be successful, I think Microsoft does not need to put so much money on promoting new Surface devices.

Well, the screen looks like literally any other recent laptop too.

I honesty wouldn't expect a Surface laptop because then it isn't a Surface.

Going to stick with it being some 3D mockup by the art dept.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I know it's a render. So is every single marketing image of a product you see, even the ones that look like photographs. That doesn't in any way prove it isn't a Surface laptop, just that the picture is a render like all marketing images are.

What's more likely; that the guy who designed the web page pulled an image of a laptop that was ready, which is the normal way, or that he decided - for no obvious reason - to spend hours crafting from scratch a mockup of a non-existing laptop as a minor picture for the web page? It's also possible that it's an internal render of a past Microsoft laptop that never came to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium