There's a picture of a laptop on the new Microsoft Edge introduction page that shows a nice looking laptop that's wedge shaped exactly how I would imagine a Surface laptop to look.

device-section2.png

I've never seen this laptop anywhere, with a big black trackpad and that wedge shape on the edges... this has to be a Surface laptop, right?
    05-22-2015 10:48 PM
    There's a picture of a laptop on the new Microsoft Edge introduction page that shows a nice looking laptop that's wedge shaped exactly how I would imagine a Surface laptop to look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	device-section2.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	105117

I've never seen this laptop anywhere, with a big black trackpad and that wedge shape on the edges... this has to be a Surface laptop, right?
    One can only dream :P
    05-23-2015 03:02 AM
    My money is on it being a generic laptop graphic. I honestly, can't expect a Surface laptop considering there's a market full of them.
    jojoe42 likes this.
    05-23-2015 10:01 PM
    The screen looks like the screen of Surface.

The keys on the keyboard also look like type cover keys. This may be a real device in the future.

Given the good brand name of Surface, I think there is potential for a Surface laptop, with a 14"-15" screen. It is kind of the Microsoft equivalent of MacBook Pro (but I would expect it is much lighter than MBP).

I really hope the Surface line can be extended to larger screen size. If the Surface products continue to be successful, I think Microsoft does not need to put so much money on promoting new Surface devices.
    05-24-2015 01:44 AM
    The screen looks like the screen of Surface.

The keys on the keyboard also look like type cover keys. This may be a real device in the future.

Given the good brand name of Surface, I think there is potential for a Surface laptop, with a 14"-15" screen. It is kind of the Microsoft equivalent of MacBook Pro (but I would expect it is much lighter than MBP).

I really hope the Surface line can be extended to larger screen size. If the Surface products continue to be successful, I think Microsoft does not need to put so much money on promoting new Surface devices.
    Well, the screen looks like literally any other recent laptop too.

I honesty wouldn't expect a Surface laptop because then it isn't a Surface.

Going to stick with it being some 3D mockup by the art dept.
    05-24-2015 02:48 PM
    That is completely a render. Pretty obvious.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-25-2015 03:14 AM
    I know it's a render. So is every single marketing image of a product you see, even the ones that look like photographs. That doesn't in any way prove it isn't a Surface laptop, just that the picture is a render like all marketing images are.

What's more likely; that the guy who designed the web page pulled an image of a laptop that was ready, which is the normal way, or that he decided - for no obvious reason - to spend hours crafting from scratch a mockup of a non-existing laptop as a minor picture for the web page? It's also possible that it's an internal render of a past Microsoft laptop that never came to be.
    06-02-2015 08:12 PM