AT&T announces new Windows Phone lineup

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
heard on the Windows Phone Facebook page, with a link to the Blog. No photos...yet...and no info on AT&T or Samsung's sites.

AT&T Expands Windows Phone Leadership -- DALLAS, Sept. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

AT&T announces new Windows Phone lineup

3 Phones coming to AT&T:

The HTC TITAN - Know in detail already...

The Samsung Focus™ S
4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display
1.4 GHz processor
4G speeds
8MP Camera
1.3MP FFC

Samsung Focus™ Flash - Economy Line
3.7-inch Super AMOLED screen
1.4 GHz processor
5 MP Camera
FFC (VGA?)
******The article states "3 new 4G phones coming!", but does not specifically state Focus Flash or Titan is 4G...*******

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
But will AT&T make existing customers wait an additional 3 months to update to Mango?

Heck, we never got the security update that came out months ago.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
But will AT&T make existing customers wait an additional 3 months to update to Mango?

Heck, we never got the security update that came out months ago.

From the Blog:

They also announced they will be among the first carriers to start updating existing AT&T Windows Phones with the Mango release this fall.

I am not really worried about never having received the security update...my assumption is they had other places to spend their time and the security was over and above what is truly needed.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
thank god! I was so worried my next phone would be the htc titan; nothing against that phone, but i'm so spoiled with samoled now ;)

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yesssssss, finally. I will be leaving Sprint for the AT&T and the Focus S the moment it releases. Too bad no release date was announced.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Guess Sammys still in the game! Wish sprint will release there line up next! And where's the Nokia phones at guess we got to wait a little longer.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I like the inclusion of the 1.4 Ghz processors. Not so much because of the processor clock speed increase, which really isn't needed, but because those chips probably include the Adreno 205 GPU.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I like the inclusion of the 1.4 Ghz processors. Not so much because of the processor clock speed increase, which really isn't needed, but because those chips probably include the Adreno 205 GPU.

Yup they do have the Adreno 205, which is supposedly 3x as powerful as the adreno 200. Actual benchmarks I've seen show it doing just over 2x as many FPS as the 200. It'll be a nice step up for games like Hydro Thunder. :D

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte