Love the Focus, but its time to get greedy!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome new OS, check.
Device with meh form, but awesome screen, check.
New super cool design WP7.5 phone with awesome new OS, che..., doh! Not yet. I love the Focus, but it feels like I've got a Ferrari engine in an old school Pacer body.

Alright, we can safely assume the Iphone 5 will be pretty damn cool from the design perspective, I think we can safely say that is not something up for debate. With that said, I WANT A NEW WP7.5!!!

Something that will make me drool all over myself when I see it. Something that will make other people look at their own phone and sob uncontrollably because my phone is much more awesomer (yes, a word in my house!) than theirs.

Something that will make every apple ****** geek punch themselves in their nethers because they just locked into two more years with an OS retread in an inferior housing.

Basically, SOMETHING THAT WILL KNOCK MY AUNT CONNIE'S SOCKS OFF! Well, I don't really have an aunt Connie, but if I did, this phone would be cool enough, that at mere sight, BAM! Off come the socks!

Is it something from another Steve, Elop says Nokia-made Windows Phone-powered handset will launch this year*|*mofonu – Mobile Phones News

Or maybe something from Samsung, HTC, Acer, etc?

I don't care who makes it, JUST HURRY THE HECK UP!! Why?

Because "you to take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life...."

GOOD LUCK GETTING THAT SONG OUT OF YOUR HEAD! MUUUUUUUUHAHAHAHA!!!

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
well, Brandon Watson said the new Nokia (Searay? Sabre?) was amazing, so I'm trying to wait for it/them and not buy the Focus S when it comes out.

Personally I love the look of the old Focus, the screen is all I really care about. Maybe a touch slimmer?

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I love my Focus. I used to think the screen was huge but now am used to it. I look forward to the Titan or the Focus S. I will not downsize the size of my screen from 4". They need to hurry up and offer these phones in the U.S.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My focus is way better with Mango I need to format my 32gb card and see how that works. But I'm always looking at/out for newer devices so I'll be looking for the titan andf focus s and the nokia offerings.

benson79

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am somewhat invested in ios, but got really sick of the tiny screen. IOS 5 isn't really doing it for me either, so I went and bought an unlocked focus and have updated to mango. I really like it a lot. I feel like the 4" screen is the sweet spot and I am thinking of looking at both the focus s and the Nokia phones when they come out on at&t. I am leaning Nokia because the n9 looks awesome and I hope the searay is sweet.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I think if you want a phone that someone is going to see and just say "WOW" you cant go past the TITAN with its massive screen that looks super bright.....

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, if you ask me the Titan looks like more of the same from HTC. I can only go by the pictures though. I want to see ieffort put into the design like its a work of art, then we will have a phone thats worthy of dethroning the Apple polished hardware.

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's because I just got rid of my BB Torch, but the unlocked focus I just got is freakin' awsome! even for a year old it holds it's beauty! The way the back is beveled, and yes of course that freakin' awsome bright screen. so far that battery life is something to desired, but man I love this phone. It's easily going to get me to my upgrade in June, and then some, because the new window 8 phones will be around the corner :)

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Awesome new OS, check.
Device with meh form, but awesome screen, check.
New super cool design WP7.5 phone with awesome new OS, che..., doh! Not yet. I love the Focus, but it feels like I've got a Ferrari engine in an old school Pacer body.

Something that will make me drool all over myself when I see it. Something that will make other people look at their own phone and sob uncontrollably because my phone is much more awesomer (yes, a word in my house!) than theirs.

Something that will make every apple ****** geek punch themselves in their nethers because they just locked into two more years with an OS retread in an inferior housing.

Basically, SOMETHING THAT WILL KNOCK MY AUNT CONNIE'S SOCKS OFF! Well, I don't really have an aunt Connie, but if I did, this phone would be cool enough, that at mere sight, BAM! Off come the socks!

I'm totally with u on this one. This competitive mindset is making my wallet want to light on fire. Especially with the front face cams and skype on the way. WAT!!! (I don't even use ffc but I will for the new toy feeling)

Side note: Awesomer just got added to my dictionary.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for Nokia's Windows phones. They make some of the slickest smartphone hardware out there. In fact, they're probably the only ones on par with Apple.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I really hope Nokia have some nice kit. The Titan is just too big for my liking, and other than that the only incoming phone I like the look of is the Focus S.

WP7 could do with some really nice top-end handsets, and soon too. Mango may have addressed all the OS concerns, but some new hardware is long overdue to fill the gap between now and the next base spec bump (which will hopefully take us past 800 x 480 resolution).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss