I dream of Nokia

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Man, I'm such a geek. Last night I had a dream of Nokia's $100M marketing campaign for their new phones. There was a giant Lumia 900 (kind of like those WP used in New York and other cities recently) and people were being "stacked up" inside the giant phone. Apparently the size of the phone was determined on how many people were stacked up inside at any given time. Weird, I know.

BTW I didn't smoke anything before going to sleep, LOL! I suppose it's all the hype and rumors that are ramping up recently. That Nokia press conference on Monday can't come soon enough!

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Man, I'm such a geek. Last night I had a dream of Nokia's $100M marketing campaign for their new phones. There was a giant Lumia 900 (kind of like those WP used in New York and other cities recently) and people were being "stacked up" inside the giant phone. Apparently the size of the phone was determined on how many people were stacked up inside at any given time. Weird, I know.

BTW I didn't smoke anything before going to sleep, LOL! I suppose it's all the hype and rumors that are ramping up recently. That Nokia press conference on Monday can't come soon enough!

Good to know you did not smoke anything before going to sleep lol.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i talked to "Dream expert" and he says if you didn't get nokia 900 you will dream about laggy Android for the rest of your life :lol:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I expect to see a barrage of commercials similar to how we saw endless Droid commercials from Verizon and Motorola. It would be nice to see a cool Superbowl commercial. And then maybe a series of commercials during the NBA playoffs.

The sheer size of the United States makes it a little harder for a big "event" like what happened in London to have as much of an impact. We're so huge and so diverse culturally.

I could see something happening like MS did not too long ago where there is some sort of tour across the country. With parties in several major cities. But of course, on a much bigger scale than MS did.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The sheer size of the United States makes it a little harder for a big "event" like what happened in London to have as much of an impact. We're so huge and so diverse culturally.

Well Europe is quite big and culturally diverse as well. ;) Though i guess we will see what kind of impact it all did in Europe when the Q4 reports from Nokia come out.

It might be the incentives Nokia/MS is rumored to offer for the workers on AT&T on every Nokia phones sold, with the general TV ads that make the difference., rather than the stunt type like the Deadmau5 show.
Deadmau5 was more about brand polishing than directly selling the phone to you. Something Nokia certainly needs in U.S. :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope they do something for Puerto Rico :D. The N9 came in unannounced and is selling really well (mostly because is just 49 bucks with a 59$ a month unlimited data plan)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well the carrier is abysmal so I'm running away from it as soon as possible. The only person I asked about the N9 software ( most people with them I just ask them if I could hold the phone, then I day-dream about it having a WP OS) was some young man. He quickly show me how he could do everything in one swipe, then I noticed the Nokia logo on his t-shirt...

I was played like a chump, had to listen to him giving a keynote lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos