Rumor: Verizon to get Samsung WP

chamba

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have been reading on this board for a while and finally have something to post. I called verizon cs last night and before hanging up I asked if he knew of any upcoming Nokia phones. His answer was that they (cs reps) have not heard anything about Nokia yet but that there has been word about a Samsung model coming to Verizon. I asked about 4G and FFC and his reply was that these features have been neither confirmed nor denied.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

You big Verizon rumour starter! :D

Welcome along to WPCentral chamba. :)

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Um, you sure the rep was talking about Windows Phone OS specifically? Other than the fact that its inferred because you brought up Nokia, you don't mention that you referenced Windows Phone.

chamba

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Um, you sure the rep was talking about Windows Phone OS specifically? Other than the fact that its inferred because you brought up Nokia, you don't mention that you referenced Windows Phone.
I am sure. exact words were "we have not heard about any new Nokia phones being offered...the only new Windows Phone manufacturer we have heard anything about is Samsung..."

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am sure. exact words were "we have not heard about any new Nokia phones being offered...the only new Windows Phone manufacturer we have heard anything about is Samsung..."

Funny because they are about the last to hear anything so 99% of the time it is something they read off of sites like these. In other words don't put to much faith in what they say lol.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I agree with others on here, don't put that much faith into something that they may have been confused (even if they didn't sound confused) on. Sometimes people will confuse Windows Phone with Android and not even know that is what they are doing. I mean I could go into an AT&T store and get one person who knows everything about every phone and another when you ask them what operating system is on this HTC Titan, they will either look at the info sheet to check or they will say Android mistakenly.

The only way to truly know is just by checking FCC documents and mobile phone sites. It seems like with Verizon there are roadmap leaks more often, so I wouldn't be surprised if a new one comes out sometime soon.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm really getting desperate for anything, but the Lumia 710 that is rumored to come to Verizon sounds really lackluster. Considering moving to AT&T and losing my unlimited data if it means getting a higher end Windows Phone. Looking forward to CES!

hellerz85

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm really getting desperate for anything, but the Lumia 710 that is rumored to come to Verizon sounds really lackluster. Considering moving to AT&T and losing my unlimited data if it means getting a higher end Windows Phone. Looking forward to CES!

im with you johaas. I have been a loyal verizon customer for many many years. If verizon is only going to offer the lumia 710, im debating switching over to AT&T as well. I too would lose my unlimited data, but im sick of verizon not giving windows phone a chance.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

If you are considering moving, I would suggest waiting til MWC in February. That is the last time that you will get a good idea on what a carrier is offering.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
im with you johaas. I have been a loyal verizon customer for many many years. If verizon is only going to offer the lumia 710, im debating switching over to AT&T as well. I too would lose my unlimited data, but im sick of verizon not giving windows phone a chance.

I would never give up my unlimited data for a phone. The day Verizon no longer grandfathers is the day I switch carriers. Unless they raise the lowest tier, especially with lte

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I would never give up my unlimited data for a phone. The day Verizon no longer grandfathers is the day I switch carriers. Unless they raise the lowest tier, especially with lte
I agree. Unlimited data is a huge thing to give up. For all we know come Christmas time Verizon could have the best WP available. The landscape changes so fast in the phone world. Verizon will get something eventually.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Unlimited data is a huge thing to give up. For all we know come Christmas time Verizon could have the best WP available. The landscape changes so fast in the phone world. Verizon will get something eventually.

Look how long it took verizon to get the "superphone" android lineup. I mean until this holiday season verizon never really had a killer android lineup and now they have a great android lineup. Hopefully this will be the same for wp.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think this rumor makes sense. I can see a LTE device getting on Verizon. But, I would not be shocked if it is after Apollo comes out. Verizon is in no hurry. Why come out with a WP 7.5 when WP 8 is right around the corner?

luimende

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
we should all twitter Joe B and anyone you follow from Window phone with #burnedbywindowsphone because they won't sell on @sprint, @vzw etc.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

This. I love my Trophy, but if nothing comes out, I'll either hang onto it or switch to Android and re-evaluate when my next upgrade comes around.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This. I love my Trophy, but if nothing comes out, I'll either hang onto it or switch to Android and re-evaluate when my next upgrade comes around.

I have a trophy and a nexus and use the nexus as my everyday phone since I want lte. I would use the trophy if it had lte and will not upgrade again for a 3g only phone especially since verizon is all about their lte network now.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
we should all twitter Joe B and anyone you follow from Window phone with #burnedbywindowsphone because they won't sell on @sprint, @vzw etc.

I'm certain that it isn't Microsoft's (let alone Joe B.'s) fault that Sprint and Verizon won't carry a new Windows Phone. I blame this 100% on the carriers. We should all tweet something about leaving for AT&T for windows phone on the other carriers' twitter.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm certain that it isn't Microsoft's (let alone Joe B.'s) fault that Sprint and Verizon won't carry a new Windows Phone. I blame this 100% on the carriers. We should all tweet something about leaving for AT&T for windows phone on the other carriers' twitter.

I think it isn't only the carriers. MS would need to have a little more pull and with how wp didn't really sell that well in it's first year I don't see them with that kind of pull yet.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it isn't only the carriers. MS would need to have a little more pull and with how wp didn't really sell that well in it's first year I don't see them with that kind of pull yet.
Microsoft can't force anything upon a carry if they aren't trying to carry it. So have a "little more pull" can only be had with the success that iOS and Android is having, not how good an OS may be to them... it's about their customers wanting it and being real... a majority of them aren't looking at WP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire