Rumor: Verizon to get Samsung WP

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft can't force anything upon a carry if they aren't trying to carry it. So have a "little more pull" can only be had with the success that iOS and Android is having, not how good an OS may be to them... it's about their customers wanting it and being real... a majority of them aren't looking at WP.

Exactly. The carriers are all about making money and seeing how wp isn't selling well right now it isn't worth the risk to carry a high end phone for a very small majority hence why if it was selling better MS would have more pull.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. The carriers are all about making money and seeing how wp isn't selling well right now it isn't worth the risk to carry a high end phone for a very small majority hence why if it was selling better MS would have more pull.

It's just discouraging that Verizon (or Sprint for that matter) won't take a chance. The Trophy wasn't a failure, was it? Maybe I just spend too much time on this site, but people seemed genuinely excited about what Nokia was going to bring to North America...why wouldn't they want a piece of that pie? Here's to hoping that AT&T's new phones are incredibly successful, resulting in a wake up call for the competitors. One more lock up, force close, or self-restart from my Fascinate might bring me to a crossroads.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It's just discouraging that Verizon (or Sprint for that matter) won't take a chance. The Trophy wasn't a failure, was it? Maybe I just spend too much time on this site, but people seemed genuinely excited about what Nokia was going to bring to North America...why wouldn't they want a piece of that pie? Here's to hoping that AT&T's new phones are incredibly successful, resulting in a wake up call for the competitors. One more lock up, force close, or self-restart from my Fascinate might bring me to a crossroads.

Because even with what Nokia is bringing to the US, most do not know about wp7. Download and run an ICS rom on your fascinate, it will make it like a brand new phone to hold you over, I used to have a fascinate and installed ICS and all the problems it had before went away.

Lnin0

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I hate Verizon. They are killing unlimited data the next time you renew your contract anyway so if I could get out of my current year and a half contract I would.

Verizon cuts the most corners when it comes to their phone line up. If it means offering the 'best in class' phone or saving $3 on the OEM cost you can bet Verizon takes the savings. This has been the case for a long time. Look at the egg that the iPhone left on Verizon's face and the huge dent it put in their market share.

Verizon balked at the golden goose because they view the network as the 'star' not the phones. This simply isn't the case anymore. The networks are all pretty homogenous to the consumer anymore. To many consumers the question is not about who they will buy their 'utility' from but who has the lowest prices, best customer service and hottest hardware. All areas Verizon puts very little emphasis on.

chamba

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Has Verizon announced that it will be killing unlimited data when you next renew? I am still holding on to my q9c until Verizon gets a good WP. If this is true, I will use my upgrade now ...

Also, disappointed that nothing was announce for us...

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I hate Verizon. They are killing unlimited data the next time you renew your contract anyway so if I could get out of my current year and a half contract I would.

Verizon cuts the most corners when it comes to their phone line up. If it means offering the 'best in class' phone or saving $3 on the OEM cost you can bet Verizon takes the savings. This has been the case for a long time. Look at the egg that the iPhone left on Verizon's face and the huge dent it put in their market share.

Verizon balked at the golden goose because they view the network as the 'star' not the phones. This simply isn't the case anymore. The networks are all pretty homogenous to the consumer anymore. To many consumers the question is not about who they will buy their 'utility' from but who has the lowest prices, best customer service and hottest hardware. All areas Verizon puts very little emphasis on.

That was all rumor and verizon has not said anything about it. I can't see them doing something like this because it would def be the final nail in the coffin for many. I know the day they try and take my unlimited data away will be the day I switch carriers. Not to mention the networks aren't close to being the same, verizon has the better network hands down, and I'm not talking about their lte network. I am pretty sure the network is a little more important than the phones since if you have no coverage the phone isn't going to work anyway.

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
I can only use Verizon, cuz where I live the other carriers won't work at my house. Sprint had to send me a free Femtocell to use with my wifes phone. My POS Droid X works everywhere. But reboots several times a day. I hate it.:mad:

It's good to see people here. when I checked the forums out a year ago, there was three of us here.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Here's hoping we see another WP7 phone on Verizon. It's been a while since the Trophy and we need some LTE love. WP7's success depends on all the carriers supporting it. I have a Galaxy Nexus, but would consider switching back if we see new phones.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
We aren't killing off unlimited data. Everything you've heard about that is b.s. Today alone I probably grandfathered 10 unlimited data plans and my boss didn't say a word about it. You keep what you have, that's only fair.

99% of the time people don't NEED unlimited and would fair just fine with 2GB (not to mention we literally make $0 in comission grandfathering people), but we keep customers happy.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Wait... So we're hearing from an ACTUAL VZW employee that we're going to see some WP love??? OMG!!! Forget the Superbowl! This just made my day!

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Listening to the Engadget Mobile podcast today. They mentioned that Samsung doesn't have a press event scheduled for MWC. Of the US networks, (the one other opportunity to roll out a major phone announcement) only AT&T and Sprint/Nextel are scheduled for keynotes. Something to think about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte