Tango rumored to reduce media control size?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
According to some rumors not that long ago, the media controls on the lock screen and pop down volume control will be reduced to smaller sizes in Tango (like they were before mango).

I use my phone for music more than any other service (Zune pass FTW for long time) and this would be a total disappointment. I think the size of the volume buttons are great now, they are so easy to use on the move, before mango i remember struggling to hit the smaller buttons.

How does everyone else feel about this possible update? Just curious, because the feedback to smaller the buttons had to come from somewhere. I'm assuming it has to do with the volume pop down covering to much of the screen.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Buttons size itself should not be reduced, but the grey bar is too big. That grey bar should also disappear when touching anywhere else in the screen, actually that alone should be enough.

Don't know how they where before as i have only used Mango device.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I find touchscreen volume and media controls a complete pain in the backside to start with, it is Bluetooth buttons all the way for me.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I never experienced pre-mango buttons but I'm very happy with the controls as they are now. It would be cool to have them go away when tapping elsewhere on the screen though. Definitely not keen for smaller buttons.

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I like them better in mango than in nodo. However, some of the IE stuff I liked better in nodo (like the address bar at the bottom though). For one, why did they get rid of "forward"? Also, favorites aren't as convenient. I know this thread is about the media controls, but I figured I would take the opportunity to talk about other pre vs post mango UI elements.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon