Few Leaks b4 MWC

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
So does the lack of leaks about new devices leading up to MWC indicate

A) We're not going to see much in the way of truly new devices

B) They're keeping a tight lid on things, and we're going to get blown away with a few surprises.

C) The focus is really going to be post event and the Win8 rollout.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well we already have a good 5-10 rumor devices announce

LG , Samsung , Nokia , HTC .....

honestly im hopping they share some light regarding Apollo/tango and fragmentation

more then useless devices that are gona have the SAME (more or less) specs as phones we have now... so blah PINK NOKIA 900 WOOT! LMAO!

better phones wont really come out till Apollo.( end q3-q4) i think NEWS related to WP will slow down till at lease tango.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Bing vision will get an update that allow you to scan newspaper articles and send you directly to the same article on the Newspaper's Website. It leaked today.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That's what I get for getting my news from Engadget.

shy_102504.jpg

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's easy to miss things when we're all so eager here. :)

Cheer up Winterfang, only 5 days until the 27th.

Can't quite remember why that's important though. (Scratches head) :dry

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm might be, something else I think though, still not sure. (Still scratching head) :dry

It'll come to me eventually. :straight:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I was born in the Dominican Republic. Maybe I should take the day off from work, Mondays are so boring though but I'm sure there must be something to do in the internet.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Considering the way the Titan and Focus S have dropped into oblivion I'm not expecting anything much from those two companies or any other. Really seems like Nokia is the only OEM putting any effort into WP7, the rest are just chucking one or two devices out there and going back to their android business.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Considering the way the Titan and Focus S have dropped into oblivion I'm not expecting anything much from those two companies or any other. Really seems like Nokia is the only OEM putting any effort into WP7, the rest are just chucking one or two devices out there and going back to their android business.
That's what I'm afraid of too.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
We're going to be disappointed, just the low end 610 and global 900 for WP, the super-camera phone is Symbian:

Reuters sources confirm Nokia Lumia 610 and Global 900 for MWC | WMPoweruser

Picture of Symbian-Powered Nokia N8 Successor Leaks Out

And this is what is going to be the norm for the competition from now on:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/22/fujitsu-readies-its-final-model-quad-core-smartphone-for-revea/

Have to start wondering if WP will ever get anywhere with such a small number of choices or really competitive designs.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Tweeted today by WindowsPhone8:

Windows Phone 8@WindowsPhone8
A large quantity of Windows Phone news due soon

and then...

Windows Phone 8@WindowsPhone8Reply
@tomwarren Beware: It might be hard to hear the Windows Phone news above the stampede about Windows 8

Which seems to imply the info will be coming after MWC and the Win8 Consumer Preview annoucement. It is worth noting that this is a new Twitter account with absolutely no track record of having inside info.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Tweeted today by WindowsPhone8:

Windows Phone 8@WindowsPhone8
A large quantity of Windows Phone news due soon

and then...

Windows Phone 8@WindowsPhone8Reply
@tomwarren Beware: It might be hard to hear the Windows Phone news above the stampede about Windows 8

Which seems to imply the info will be coming after MWC and the Win8 Consumer Preview annoucement. It is worth noting that this is a new Twitter account with absolutely no track record of having inside info.

Actually I've been following this account for quite a while and the tips have been pretty much accurate up till now. So while still not verified its been pretty reliable.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually I've been following this account for quite a while and the tips have been pretty much accurate up till now. So while still not verified its been pretty reliable.
Twitter is only showing 6 total tweets for him/her right now. But it's also acting pretty buggy this morning anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99