41 megapixel camera

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Apparently it's not a true 41MP sensor, it uses oversampling. Still wildly impressive. They hinted that it will be coming to Windows Phone (probably When Apollo drops). It will certainly curb-stomp the competition in the imaging arena.

Chicken7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I think they should have not released this phone, and instead waited until the Windows Phone version was ready. Releasing a Symbian handset now, especially with such amazing features, will cast doubt over their Windows Phone commitment. More reason for the anti-WP7 users to rubbish the platform, and more reason for WP7 users to be annoyed.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I think they should have not released this phone, and instead waited until the Windows Phone version was ready. Releasing a Symbian handset now, especially with such amazing features, will cast doubt over their Windows Phone commitment. More reason for the anti-WP7 users to rubbish the platform, and more reason for WP7 users to be annoyed.

True... but as things stand, you can't really knock Nokia for delivering the goodies on their platform. I just hope that Nokia soon realise that their flogging a dead horse with Symbian and focus primarily on WP. Maybe MS need to sweeten the deal without taking them over in order for this to happen.

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, Am I the only one who think this is bad. To me this is just not practical and honestly don't think it brings any benefit.
1. The files will be huge.
2. Moving them around will take longer.
3. Loading on the phone will take longer, making it seem like the gallery is slow and un-responsive.

I would rather more focus on better sensors (which am sure most photographers will agree is where the real quality comes from), maybe even some optical zoom and faster picture taking for those action shots. Hate trying to take a photo's where if the subjects is not completely still the photo ends up being blury.

Don't get me wrong, it's an impressive feat, but personally am just not seeing the real world benefits of it.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I think it's possibly a bit silly claiming to have 41 MP when it isn't, but I agree - better sensors is the way to go. I had a 1.3 MP camera years ago that shot better pictures than the 5MP Ixus I replaced it with. Similarly my iPhone 4 shot fabulous pictures, better than any 8MP cameraphone I've used since.

I'd rather Nokia didn't bother with this for WP and just focused on better hardware sensors and amending the stock camera software to give better results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss