If I was Elop I would....

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Debut the Nokia Lumia tablet tommorow and why.. several reasons

1. Microsoft is pretty much the last big presentation at CES. This is good because all the quad core Android hotness has already been debuted if people see the new Lumia tablet in action it will steal the show people will most likely forget about the Android devices that were debuted and just leave with an AWWW WOW factor.

2. Bring the iPad 3 hype down. If Nokia debuts a tablet with all the super high res screens, cameras, quad core etc it can really bring the iPad hype down. Some people will rather then save money and wait for the Nokia tablet to come out rather than buying the iPad3.

Its just a good way to steal the show especially when Apple is debuting something new next week.

Its a great idea you never know whats going to happen.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I would be very surprised if MSFT doesn't start to ramp up the hype for Windows 8 tablets at the Windows event today. It's probably too soon to announce any devices, but I don't think it's unlikely that we will hear "we're working on something exciting for this fall" from manufacturers along with that.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Nokia need to wait until after the iPad 3 is released, and then trump the spec, or value for money.

Announcing before is a HUGE gamble, as if they get the spec wrong, all it does is make the iPad3 look even better.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
small problem with that!!

Windows 8 int getting released for an other 6months+..... :straight:

tablet probably wont really hit the market till Q3-q4 this year.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Wont really make much difference now re the ipad, Windows 8 isnt ready and I have a feeling they will want to tie that with a WP8 reveal as well. What we will probably see over the next months before RTM is a lot of dev talk from MS, then once its RTM and close to general release a monumental ad campaign will ensue. That is the time to get the Nokia tablet out.

Doing it now and then wait for months to buy will be just like the initial reveal of WP7 then waiting what felt like an eternity for the devices. But I definitely hope its coming, though I dont think I will buy one if its based on ARM chips. Need the desktop for other programs I may need.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
When I think about it, I think it's possible that a Nokia tablet could take some time. PC manufacturers like Asus and Lenovo are also in that market, and it's possible that MSFT wants the market more open to other parties by avoiding that their phone partner releases something that could be seen as the Windows tablet to soon.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
First, it takes Nokia forever to do anything. I know this from my experience with Symbian and their prolonged Windows Phone debut. They're not going to be releasing any Lumia tablet soon.

Second, there's no way Nokia could ever beat Apple in value. In terms of smartphones and tablets, Apple does not price gouge and is a competitively priced alternative to be reckoned with. Nokia does everything expensive, like the Lumia 800; but, at least the 710 has proven a reasonably priced 1.4 ghz device.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
First, it takes Nokia forever to do anything. I know this from my experience with Symbian and their prolonged Windows Phone debut. They're not going to be releasing any Lumia tablet soon.

Second, there's no way Nokia could ever beat Apple in value. In terms of smartphones and tablets, Apple does not price gouge and is a competitively priced alternative to be reckoned with. Nokia does everything expensive, like the Lumia 800; but, at least the 710 has proven a reasonably priced 1.4 ghz device.

hmm Late Wp debute? thats cause they dint join the team till after WP had launched after MS paid them to c me over to WP , not to mention that they where borderline Bankrupt and almosty lots every thing!!! MS saved them . cant really talk for Symbian , but NOKIA has some of , if not the BEST Phone engineering design in the world!!!

and no one can match apple: not Samsung , not HTC , not NOKIA , not LG ,, even if they combined forces!!! apple is a UNI company that produces software+hardware.

if you wan compare Nokia to apple , you need to compare Nokia+Symbian ONLY to apple.
OR
MS+Nokia to apple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitsebolls