Samsung jumping the gun on flexible mobile screens

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Ah well. Samsung is great at throwing everything in but the kitchen sink, but their phones are still shiny cheap plasticky crap. Nokia's implementation will be classier than anything that would ever come out of Korea.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Ah well. Samsung is great at throwing everything in but the kitchen sink, but their phones are still shiny cheap plasticky crap. Nokia's implementation will be classier than anything that would ever come out of Korea.

But they are thin and light and hold up well in my experience with the original focus! So no complaints on that from me!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Did I read that right? A flexible screen covered by inflexible glass? :straight:

Even still, it said it was 1/3 the thickness (1.8 mm to 0.6)...so it is flexible AND thin, but the companies are just going to be able to take advantage of the THIN part so far.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
But they are thin and light and hold up well in my experience with the original focus! So no complaints on that from me!

They do hold up well. I think there is much more quality there than you would suspect based on how they look and feel.

I just can't get past the look and feel though. My Lumia feels like it weighs 100 lbs compared to a Samsung, but I love the fact that it feels substantial and has a durable finish that isn't glossy.

I cannot stand glossy plastic on electronics. It's just amazingly impractical. Reminds me of cheap crappy Best Buy PC laptops smeared with fingerprints and gleaming with cheap fake plastichrome.

That look is a perfect compliment for the cheap and tasteless Android OS though. But Windows Phone and iOS are more elegant and they deserve a more mature looking phone IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett