Just Spoek w/ Dan Hesse's Office. No New phone yet to be UNvailed.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add another voice on the Sprint WP issue. I was just on the phone with a representative from Sprint CEO's office today, regarding an Email I sent them referencing the WP phones and my current state of cellular service in my area.

I will say from the start, Joan, the lady I spoke with, had been trying to contact me by phone now for about 6 days to speak with me and never gave up until I was able to get to my phone. Kudos' for there willingness and endeavor to keep trying to talk to a customer who emailed them on an issue. She launched a ticket on the service issue and then we spoke about the WP issue. She wasn't able to really speak on it for the simple fact that there just has not been any information released. So, figure if the CEO's office doesn't have any info or could even say when/if there was going to be another phone put out, that Ain't Good.

She did say she wanted to forward my input on the desire for a WP on up so it can be reviewed. Not sure if it was just copy read off a script or not, but the simple fact that she had been trying to contact me for the longest time in reference to an Email I sent them last week was pretty decent of them.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I emailed about my disappointment on the lack of support (tango and future phones). She emailed me three times try to get me to call her. I'm still done with them though. their "wait and see" approach doesn't jive with me.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
US Cellular has publicly said it's dedicated to WP8, was quick to roll out Tango for the 7 Pro (aka Arrive), and has inexpensive plans. Jump in, the water's fine!

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's all fine an well but U.S. Cellular doesn't offer service or plans in my area of FLorida according to their website.

I guess what I have trouble fathoming is that a truly nation wide service provider would completely fore go an entire platform like it appears they are doing.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Sprint needs to wake up already. Do they not think that if every carrier pushed this OS that it wouldn't catch on?.... I really hope they'll jump on board at WWDC or whatever its called in January... Hopefully with something high end...

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
This is why I'm going to ATT. I'll get every choice I could want. Besides Google Nexus devices. Oh well, I can live lol.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
This is why I'm going to ATT. I'll get every choice I could want. Besides Google Nexus devices. Oh well, I can live lol.

AT&T has awesome devices. Shame they've got some of the highest prices and arguably the worst rural coverage of any major carrier. Though I suppose that doesn't matter so much to people in major metro areas.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Being from Singapore, I have to ask, are carriers that badass over the States that they can literally control everything?

Yep, they are that controlling. The vast majority of customers buy there phones on subsidy with a contract to make it more affordable (from free to $299 or so depending on carrier and phone). There is the option of buying off contract at full retail price but it is horrendously expensive. For myself, I just can't fork over $500+ for a cell phone (not to mention I have four lines on my account, that would be $2000 in phones... that's more than my mortgage payment!!)

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
AT&T has awesome devices. Shame they've got some of the highest prices and arguably the worst rural coverage of any major carrier. Though I suppose that doesn't matter so much to people in major metro areas.

I live in a small Texas city with a population of about 50,000, so it's not exactly rural. Of the four major carriers, Verizon is the only one that does not offer at least 3G coverage in this area. I've had Sprint and T-Mobile in the past, and their coverage has had numerous dead zones throughout the state. Aside from my anecdotal evidence, I've heard repeated claims that AT&T reaches the greatest percentage of the US population than any other carrier. Of course, every individual's mileage may vary.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That was my wifes experience also with AT&T back in the day(analog Cellular). She had excellent coverage all over the state of Florida where I had at that time AllTell and only had decent service from my area, Central Florida, South. Anywhere from Orlando-North and I was in roaming and many times, my phone would stop working since it sent signals to the provider saying my phone had been cloned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05