Will Verizon get a good WP8?

Greasemonkeyjoe

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am out of contract after being with TMO for 12+ years and am going to switch to Verizon as I finally want a phone that will work at my home. (TMO never did and there service has gone down hill lately)

Anyway I know Verizon works at my home, AT&T and Sprint are unknowns so thats were I am going to go.

That being said though I really liked my WP7 I had high hopes for the iPhone 5 but the screen is only 4 inches and thats a touch on the small size for me. My HTC HD7 was 4.3 but I would still like it a little larger.

I am in need of a phone as my HD7 died and TMOs replacement was a Radar and its 3.7 in screen is almost impossible to type on. I picked up a Dell Venue Pro so I am not desperate but I want to get a newer device that will work at home, at least as far as making phone calls.

Here's the question. Is Verizon going to get a good WP8 in the next few months? IE Nokia 920 or similar? I have heard that they are going to get the 820 but without a Gorilla Glass screen, and that's a deal killer.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I am out of contract after being with TMO for 12+ years and am going to switch to Verizon as I finally want a phone that will work at my home. (TMO never did and there service has gone down hill lately)

Anyway I know Verizon works at my home, AT&T and Sprint are unknowns so thats were I am going to go.

That being said though I really liked my WP7 I had high hopes for the iPhone 5 but the screen is only 4 inches and thats a touch on the small size for me. My HTC HD7 was 4.3 but I would still like it a little larger.

I am in need of a phone as my HD7 died and TMOs replacement was a Radar and its 3.7 in screen is almost impossible to type on. I picked up a Dell Venue Pro so I am not desperate but I want to get a newer device that will work at home, at least as far as making phone calls.

Here's the question. Is Verizon going to get a good WP8 in the next few months? IE Nokia 920 or similar? I have heard that they are going to get the 820 but without a Gorilla Glass screen, and that's a deal killer.

Unknown at this point. The 820 is a sure bet, but I wouldn't count the 920 out.

The talk is that they will be getting the high-end HTC device that will be one of the ones shown next week. And it is likely that the Samsung ATIV S will show.

The talk is the WP8 device is based on the HTC One X. That means 4.7" screen and Gorilla Glass 2.0. May also have various colors available.

The ATIV S is not listed as having Gorilla Glass, so VZW may only have the HTC offering it, though I would not be surprised if they carry the Lumia 920. Yellow is featured, but red has been shown prominently as well. I think that is a hint from Nokia that Verizon will carry it, but I'd guess they may get the red color as an exclusive.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I just want something better than this Trophy. The camera is the big issue for me. If I can have something at least at the level of the iPhone for picture quality I will switch. And no problems with off color spots, low light performance, slow speed, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs