Sprint getting a WP8 device?

thecrispy

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I know that Sprint is waiting on coming out with a WP8 device and since they are big supporters of HTC devices along with the HTC 8X coming to all carriers except them I don't see why they wouldn't get that one in the spring. I believe they are waiting to see how well WP8 and the HTC 8X does before they decide. Also since Verizon and Sprint both use CDMA there is no reason why they wouldn't adopt the 8X. That and if they don't announce a device by summer next year they will be left behind and I think they realize this. I have an HTC Arrive with a cracked screen and broken hinge on both sides, I really really need and upgrade!!!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
For sake of those left on sprint wanting a Windows Phone I hope you're right but personally, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. But I left sprint with the Arrive in almost new condition. I could be persuaded to part with if by the sprint continues to flood the market with its cheaply made, android based "iphone" knockoffs.

thecrispy

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
For sake of those left on sprint wanting a Windows Phone I hope you're right but personally, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. But I left sprint with the Arrive in almost new condition. I could be persuaded to part with if by the sprint continues to flood the market with its cheaply made, android based "iphone" knockoffs.
Well considering that I am stuck with sprint I really have no choice. There is nothing to suggest that they wouldn't. I mean HTC and Sprint are tied to the hip with the Evo line. What's to stop them from getting the WP8 from HTC as an 8X and Evo hybrid device.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The first and main constraint would be all the money they dumped in apples lap for the iPhone which limits the $$ they might have to get in the WP8 game.

Last edited:

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Crisy-
I also have an Arrive, and from what I have read here and other places, the Arrive was discontinued and unsupported with the exception being replacement phones. I'm banking on this as my Arrive is pretty beat up.

Can anyone else confirm or deny this info?

Thanks

-Doc

lhunter1130

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Crisy-
I also have an Arrive, and from what I have read here and other places, the Arrive was discontinued and unsupported with the exception being replacement phones. I'm banking on this as my Arrive is pretty beat up.

Can anyone else confirm or deny this info?

Thanks

-Doc

yes i got out of my contract without paying ETF since they discontinued the arrive and didnt even support it 2 years. Im so happy to be going to at&t which i hate but its true they always have the best and newest phones

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So I wonder, with Ting working through Sprint in a BYOP position, would it be thinkable to get a Verizon CDMA Phone and bring it into Sprint via that program instead of just going straight through?

In all Honesty, I'm a Sprint customer and Arrive user and will probably still be going Droid for the next couple of years until things get worked out and either WP becomes a truly viable entity in the market or they crash and burn due to poor marketing/support.

After the last few days, I've become a little more disenchanted with the platform and lack of support for WWW accepted norms like Flash, JAVA, etc. I'm waiting to see how things change with the advent of WP8.

As a side note, perhaps my getting the GN2 will help usher in a new WP for Sprint. My luck usually works out that way. I wait and wait for something and finally settle, only hear a few days later that what I really wanted is coming in the next few weeks. Maybe it will help others on Sprint......... Then, in a couple of years, I can come back to the fold.

thecrispy

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
So I wonder, with Ting working through Sprint in a BYOP position, would it be thinkable to get a Verizon CDMA Phone and bring it into Sprint via that program instead of just going straight through?

In all Honesty, I'm a Sprint customer and Arrive user and will probably still be going Droid for the next couple of years until things get worked out and either WP becomes a truly viable entity in the market or they crash and burn due to poor marketing/support.

After the last few days, I've become a little more disenchanted with the platform and lack of support for WWW accepted norms like Flash, JAVA, etc. I'm waiting to see how things change with the advent of WP8.

As a side note, perhaps my getting the GN2 will help usher in a new WP for Sprint. My luck usually works out that way. I wait and wait for something and finally settle, only hear a few days later that what I really wanted is coming in the next few weeks. Maybe it will help others on Sprint......... Then, in a couple of years, I can come back to the fold.
I feel as thought they are being hush hush about WP8 and pulling a Microsoft. And as frustrating as that is I can see that happening. Microsoft maybe even be behind the whole hush hush thing for Sprint, that is if my assumption is correct. But if the posting from Ting is correct then I don't see why not. Sprint may just be playing hard to get.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well considering that I am stuck with sprint I really have no choice. There is nothing to suggest that they wouldn't. I mean HTC and Sprint are tied to the hip with the Evo line. What's to stop them from getting the WP8 from HTC as an 8X and Evo hybrid device.

how are you stuck with sprint? there are other carriers like T-mobile for instance.

WP supports plenty of the WWW accepted norms, IE gets nearly a perfect score on the acid tests. Flash is discontinued and don't even get me started with JAVA.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I would like nothing better than for Sprint to get a WP8 phone. Been with them 14 years. But waiting until spring or summer is just not acceptable. If they don't announce something around release time I will Fredo them.

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I still really want to know if I can get a replacement Arrive even tho they don't support it anymore. Moving on....

Let us all not forget that as of 4 am this morning, Softbank of Japan has just bought a controlling, 70% stake in Sprint, so it will be interesting to see how that affects things, if at all.

Thanks

-Doc

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope they get an 8x and a nokia device at that big tech even that take place in January.
I had to buy a new arrive due to cracked screen and the plastic on the hinge broke but i love the arrive, even tho i cant wait to have a first gen keyboard less device.

thecrispy

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Yup same probelms with mine but I am not able to it due to them not having it in stock or them knowing when they ever will. As long as they get the 8X or Lumia 920 in some variant ill be happy.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Lets face it,
Microsoft is releasing Windows Phone 8 in 9 more days and there is absolutely 0 news from Sprint on Windows phones.. Infact there is more news from MetroPCS on Windows phone then Sprint. They will not be getting the Windows Phone 8 for a very long time. I was with Sprint for god, well over 10 years and they kept telling me its coming its coming and we got the arrive ? at full price and most of the stores didn't even have the phone in stock.. GIVE ME A BREAK Sprint needs to be sold or something, because all they will do is all Android, I think the VP of Sprint that has been bashing Windows Phone is a Android NUT.... and wants nothing more than for Microsoft to Fall FLAT on their butts.. but I will tell you.
After looking at windows phone 8 pre sales around the country and how the surface tablet has been doing It looks like this is Exactly what Windows Phone Needed. Its big brother OS and devices to push this phone into peoples hands.
Good Bye SPRINT. I fell bad for every Windows Phone lover that is on Sprint .. I hope I am Very Wrong.
Mark

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well funny you say sprint should be sold cause that's what's happening. Softbank a Japanese wireless carrier bought 70% of sprint for 20 billion

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

The only company with whom Sprint is tied at the hip is Apple and that massive financial commitment is not going way any time soon. Perhaps they will be on board in the future after the Softbank buyout is complete but, until then, they have made it clear they have no immediate plans.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I think Sprint isn't dumb. If there's an upswell in customer demand for WP, they'll stock it.

One important thing you can do is talk to retentions before you leave and tell them you're leaving because they don't support WP8. If enough people do that, they'll get the message and make a change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)