What do you think HTC should name its real flagship WP8?

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Lets be honest. We all know that the 8X is not HTC's flagship WP8 device. No device at 4.3" max 16GB storage can be considered flagship this day and age. HTC's president also gave an interview stating that they are committed to WP8 and they have bigger screens in production. Top this off with Microsoft saying that HTC was representing their 'signature' devices so the signature is comming sooner or later.

And to add to deductive reasoning, LG and HTC just release 4.7" Quad Core Phones and BB10 will follow next year with Quad Core. Two of these devices will have 2GB of memory. Say what you want about Quad Core, but WP8 will be left behind by the everyday consumer without it.

So the question is: What do you think HTC should call its upcomming signature WP8?

I conjecture that it will have a familiar name to build upon its other lineup. If you think otherwise, please give your reason and name below.. I have faith that this will come out before BB10.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Indeed...

3e6e581b-6088-4db3-bf51-897df9f9af54.gif

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
HTC Metro

Sidenote: What is HTC's history with supporting their WP devices? I have a HTC Hero that was abandoned the month after I got it. I don't want this happening again should I go with a HTC device.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
HTC Metro

Sidenote: What is HTC's history with supporting their WP devices? I have a HTC Hero that was abandoned the month after I got it. I don't want this happening again should I go with a HTC device.

My biggest issue with HTC being on T-MO i'm holding a few more months before I go WP8

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Kind of defeats the purpose of building off of product recognition, but ok:)

I think they need a new brand for it.

You've got HTC One X then HTC One X+ released a few months after. Cue angry HTC One X users... So Windows Phone 8X+ will suffer the same fate, shouldn't be used.

TITAN III... well, remember the problems with the original TITAN (US model). Yeah, HTC fixed them, by releasing the TITAN II, then abandoning it. So the TITAN name is tarnished.

HTC HD8... well, the HD series goes back to the days of Windows Mobile and could very well be remembered as such... Which would give off bad vibes... as WM was apparently atrocious!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I think they need a new brand for it.

You've got HTC One X then HTC One X+ released a few months after. Cue angry HTC One X users... So Windows Phone 8X+ will suffer the same fate, shouldn't be used.

TITAN III... well, remember the problems with the original TITAN (US model). Yeah, HTC fixed them, by releasing the TITAN II, then abandoning it. So the TITAN name is tarnished.

HTC HD8... well, the HD series goes back to the days of Windows Mobile and could very well be remembered as such... Which would give off bad vibes... as WM was apparently atrocious!

WM was terrible. And in my mind the 8X is the HD7 successor, but the HD7 was a horrible device, plagued by inferior screen (compared to WP devices released at the same time, like the OG Focus), severely undersized battery, and worst of all--just like the Titan--a complete lack of OEM post-purchase support. My HD7 is the reason I'm not buying HTC this time around, even though my carrier will be offering both of their WP8 devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss