VZW WP8 Update

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Some exciting news for Verizon customers, 100% 3G/4G overlap is being bumped up to June 2013. I doubt we'll see any new markets pop up in 2013 until some glorious day in June when we kick on 4G nationwide. Then everyone who got a free iPhone 4 will be pissed.

VERY Nice! Glad to hear this! The map already shows 4G at my house, but I don't have a phone to test it out. I'm still hoping for a Lumia with the 920's camera, but I'm not in any hurry at the moment. If it comes, I'll get it. If not, I'll wait. But that's what I want. The camera and the apps.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Some exciting news for Verizon customers, 100% 3G/4G overlap is being bumped up to June 2013. I doubt we'll see any new markets pop up in 2013 until some glorious day in June when we kick on 4G nationwide. Then everyone who got a free iPhone 4 will be pissed.

My part of Iowa is supposed to get it in two days, but I'm on the outskirts so I'll proabably get screwed. :)

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So talking to a VZW rep.. 8x shipping to stores for Nov 21st launch date. Irritating to say the least. Puts it in direct competition with the Droid DNA which was just announced, and is also available that day. Rep told me to call in on the 21st to process an early upgrade order, although they told me i might have to wait till the 26th to do it. :-/

Wonder if the hurricane caused this?

I'm still hearing the 18th for the in-store launch of the 8X and the 822.

Also, the hurricane had a lot to do with everything. Everyone freaking out about their preorders running late, phones not shipping on time, etc. Please remember that Verizon is based in New Jersey and just got HAMMERED. There were several key Point of Sale systems that the stores need that have been delayed a whole month. I would feel extremely proud to be part of a company that just got smashed by a hurricane and is still processing orders on time.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm still hearing the 18th for the in-store launch of the 8X and the 822.

Also, the hurricane had a lot to do with everything. Everyone freaking out about their preorders running late, phones not shipping on time, etc. Please remember that Verizon is based in New Jersey and just got HAMMERED. There were several key Point of Sale systems that the stores need that have been delayed a whole month. I would feel extremely proud to be part of a company that just got smashed by a hurricane and is still processing orders on time.

Thanks for all the great info Honestabebread, however I thought the 15th was the in-store launch date?

Also, do you know about Best Buy? Is the launch day for the 822 with BB the same as Verizon? Sooner? Later?

Thanks again for everything!

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
no doubt. a lot of us "freak out" over this stuff, myself included. But thoughts and prayers are with the east coast.

I think, as a customer, i would be happy if they just came out and said hey that is whats up, so people that are in my situation who cant preorder wouldnt be stuck in limbo.

I will call back on the 18th check, but at this point, i have had two reps tell me the 21st is the in store sale date.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the great info Honestabebread, however I thought the 15th was the in-store launch date?

Thanks again for everything!

Same here. I don't have as near of a connection as you do Honest, but our local stores expect a launch on the 15th as well.

They have been wrong before, though...

I will call back on the 18th check, but at this point, i have had two reps tell me the 21st is the in store sale date.

Interesting. I'll check my stores again.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I was on chat on verizonwireless.com and asked about in-store availability and she said today. Ha. :)

This is true. i talked to an online rep and they said i could order today and it would be at my house on the 15th. i just cant do that cause of my upgrade eligibility.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Something was wrong then because the 8X screen is better looking in every way. Also, my 8X has great reception.

I also compared 8x and 820 at an AT&T store, and I also thought that the 820 looked better. Late afternoon with the sun coming in the front window of a store in Kansas City, the 822 screen was easier to read. Maybe it's just my aging eyes, but I think the pixel density on the 822 is plenty for a screen that size, and the colors definitely had more life than on the 8X.

Bottom line for me is that I've ordered the 822. Lower price, Nokia apps, and you can add memory -- all looks good to me.

rpm1984

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I received my shipping confirmation email and tracking number for L822 at 8:40 pm eastern time. be here the 15th shipped from PA. I just ordered it at about 1 pm eastern time today

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Is it true? The Samsung ATIV I was hoping for on VZ is actually a entry level device? What a major bummer. I was going to get an 822, but I thought the samsung would be better than the 822. and the 8x is right out for complete lack of SD Card

Verizon to offer free Windows Phone 8 smartphone before the end of the year | The Verge

The 822 is supposed to be able to have inductive charging too, but the rep at VZW online knew nothing about it...

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
In store launch is tomorrow. Really exciting stuff. Stores should have Surface tablets on display, at Least the store I'll be helping at has one. Really awesome stuff guys
Also there's an employee exclusive 8X that's $100 and is gray and Xbox green with matching theme colors. I've Got quite the chubby for it.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I saw a couple of posts on twitter saying the 8X and the 822 would be available in store tomorrow.

I can confirm that. I called my local Verizon Store to check on when I could come into the store and buy the 822 or 8X. The rep told me that they are setting up displays tonight and they will be on display and ready for purchase tomorrow.

I will be there on my lunch hour to drool over what I have been obsessed with for months now! I will most likely buy online though to avoid having to deal with the mail in rebate. I have 3 lines I will be upgrading with the 822's. A gray one for my son and white ones for my wife and I.

I'll be rocking the high contrast mode with that white 822 quite a bit!:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb