VZW WP8 Update

3773M

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little confused now. I pre-ordered a red 8x on the 9th. Would I be able to go into a store and purchase a red 8x tomorrow?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Most definitely not - the Red color is unfortunately an online exclusive per Verizon's updated statement regarding release:

Nokia Lumia 822 - Windows Phone 8X by HTC

I am in the same boat as you...waiting extra long for the precious Red device :(
This seems kind of funny to me. IMO the red 8X and the gray 822 are the best looking versions of each phone. Why wouldn't they want those in the store?

alterbridge86

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
This seems kind of funny to me. IMO the red 8X and the gray 822 are the best looking versions of each phone. Why wouldn't they want those in the store?

I agree - especially since they went through the trouble of getting the Red one exclusive to them lol...It wouldn't be SO bad if the Red one was at least shipping the same time as the rest, but no, we have to wait a whole extra week or two now :(

subkamran

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got an email from Verizon.

You can view it online here: https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQSRAARV1yeb2Xb9VUWRATUVGf6beVd6f06vQ6537xEf6beQ8wf

Important information about your HTC Accord order.

Congratulations and thank you for your HTC Accord order. We know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new device.

We regret to inform you that your HTC Accord was not shipped as scheduled on November 13, 2012. You will receive a shipping confirmation email that will include your final shipping date.

We are working hard to get your HTC Accord to you and apologize for any inconvenience. As a token of appreciation for your understanding please enjoy 30% off the case of your choice. Offer is valid through December 14, 2012.

Shop for your case at vzw.com, or in our stores, and use your offer today.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless as your mobile communications provider.​

Was wondering what the heck an Accord was until I Google'd around and discovered it's the 8X.

I ordered a red one, if that is any indication. I was expecting to get mine late next week, but if I get it before then, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I hate my Incredible (1st gen) now and can't wait to switch over to the new ecosystem (I just got a Surface last week too!).

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got an email from Verizon.

You can view it online here: https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQSRAARV1yeb2Xb9VUWRATUVGf6beVd6f06vQ6537xEf6beQ8wf
Important information about your HTC Accord order.

Congratulations and thank you for your HTC Accord order. We know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new device.

We regret to inform you that your HTC Accord was not shipped as scheduled on November 13, 2012. You will receive a shipping confirmation email that will include your final shipping date.

We are working hard to get your HTC Accord to you and apologize for any inconvenience. As a token of appreciation for your understanding please enjoy 30% off the case of your choice. Offer is valid through December 14, 2012.

Shop for your case at vzw.com, or in our stores, and use your offer today.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless as your mobile communications provider.​
Was wondering what the heck an Accord was until I Google'd around and discovered it's the 8X.

I ordered a red one, if that is any indication. I was expecting to get mine late next week, but if I get it before then, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I hate my Incredible (1st gen) now and can't wait to switch over to the new ecosystem (I just got a Surface last week too!).
Sounds about right, VZW's site now says "Will ship by 11/27" for the red version :(

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So, it sounds like the 8X is having similar launch issues as AT&T did. Some stores didn't get the 8X on time, along with some customers. I am wondering if this is connected.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear this. I will check my store tomorrow and see what they've received.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
A lot of red out of the box.. need to fix that.
822.jpg

Rhodie469

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just called a local store and they confirmed the WP8X will be available in store tomorrow.
She checked on my order status and confirmed the ship date was yesterday, however my credit card wasn't charged and there isn't even a status on shipping.... at all.
So looks like I'll be calling tomorrow morning to check again and probably cancel my pre-order and buying it in the store..... not cool Verizon....not cool.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
A lot of red out of the box.. need to fix that.

That does not surprise me at all.

I will be trying to wait out the kiosk on base at the base exchange to get mine in hopes of a better deal. I am pretty sure he will wave the upgrade fee as well. I could get it as cheap as 75$ tax free after MIR.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb