Which phone are you going to get on launch day!

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Not getting anything at launch. Just gonna sit back and see how WP8 plays out. Still have some questions about the OS in general, even though I'm very excited about it (mainly the multitasking).

Plus, I also have that dilemma of if I wanna buy the 920 outright and bring it to T-Mobile, upgrade to the 8x, or sit and wait until my contract expires in February and contemplate moving to Verizon or AT&T.

Decisions, decisions.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I voted the 8X, because I want it and it's going to Verizon. That said, if Verizon doesn't get a special 32GB version and they get the Ativ S, I may go for that instead. As much as I want to order my phone as soon as possible, I may have to go into a store and get a hands on.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for Microsoft hardware in 2013 (hopefully early).

My guess is they'll announce it after all the steam is gone from this first batch so as not to step on sales toes.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am willing to wait until the end of February if I don't like what I see. After that point I will either upgrade to something available or go to AT&T.

I am considering the Ativ even though it's not my style because of the lack of 920 on Verizon. Dat screen.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have gone cold, if the lumia 920 had available for pre order when they announced it, I would have got that but after some reflection there is nothing the WP8 does that makes it a necessary upgrade so I will sit this cycle out.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Luckily not bound by any of this carrier crap, so getting Lumia 920 as soon as possible. Ironically it seems that Finland will be amongst the last of western countries to get 920 available. We're too small of a market to prioritize and since it's Finland, people buy Nokia anyways lol.

proudtobe_bb

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I voted the 8X, because I want it and it's going to Verizon. That said, if Verizon doesn't get a special 32GB version and they get the Ativ S, I may go for that instead. As much as I want to order my phone as soon as possible, I may have to go into a store and get a hands on.
I think that if the HTC 8X had a microSD card slot like the Samsung Ativ S or minimum 32GB memory like the Nokia Lumia 920, then it would be a fantastic device and would sell greatly. It baffles me that all the lower end devices, eg Lumia 820 and HTC 8S, all have removable storage and all other higher end devices, bar the Ativ S, don't have it. I would of thought that removable storage was a higher end option, and perhaps made a normal phone 'higher end.' Just saying...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I guess I am a potato head. I have saved my money its in the bank for a new WP8 device. Their are so many choices do I go for the big screen Samsung, do I get the music player HTC or do I go for the feature rich Nokia? At this point it comes down to what AT&T makes available and the hands on test. I promised myself that this go round I will wait and check out all the devices before I make a purchase.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think that if the HTC 8X had a microSD card slot like the Samsung Ativ S or minimum 32GB memory like the Nokia Lumia 920, then it would be a fantastic device and would sell greatly. It baffles me that all the lower end devices, eg Lumia 820 and HTC 8S, all have removable storage and all other higher end devices, bar the Ativ S, don't have it. I would of thought that removable storage was a higher end option, and perhaps made a normal phone 'higher end.' Just saying...

Don't ignore design decisions from being high end. The reason for no SD slot on Lumia 920 is that they didnt want to compromise the design. That said, 2 years with N8, never needed to use the SD slot and still got 9gb to go, never deleted any pics or videos I've taken :p So I dont personally even need the SD slot and will rather take the uncompromised and most likely more solid build instead.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've actually come to like the design of the 8X more and more as the time has gone by and seeing that Verizon most likely won't get the 920, I'm content to go with the 8X. I never put music or movies on my phone so 16GB of storage will be more than enough for me. I don't take many pics at all so the PureView tech doesn't mean much either. The only thing I haven't decided is which color to get (assuming Verizon carries more than one).

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know yet. I had a huge problem the other days and couldn't pay my cellphone bill, then I have rent this month so they are going to cut my services. But I hate my carrier so much I'm on the verge of ruining my credit and never pay them a cent.

I don't know what to do to be honest. I could open a contract with T-mobile but I'm pretty weary of Windows Phone 8. The secrecy rubs me the wrong way.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Nothing on launch me too.

Gonna wait till Jan(My Birthday!)...

If push comes to shove, I might go for HTC 8X. Reason? Lumia is gonna b very expensive...and just can't stand Samsung..

Sent from my RaZr S3.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Nothing at launch for me. All my money is going to a W8 hybrid or ultrabook first. Plus I want to see what exactly WP8 has over WP7.8 and my Lumia 900, and see how friendly app dev are to 7.8. I do like the 820 & ATIV at this time. :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 810 for me. I'm with T-Mobile, so that's the only option for me if I want a Nokia right away. Plus, I highly doubt the 920 will get to us by May of next year.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on picking up an 8X or 920 outright for ATT, but I have decided I'm going to get a Windows 8 or RT tablet and hold off on a new phone till after CES, since my current phone is fully functional.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)