Question: Will the Verizon Wp8 phones support SVDO?

passntyme

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Will the Verizon Wp8 phones support SVDO? I use a bluetooth headset all the time. I'm usually reading on the Internet or looking things up while on the phone. This is a feature I really need in a phone. Has anyone heard anything about this?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thunderbolt could make calls on CDMA while using LTE data. It could not use SVDO, since SVDO isn't supported by the VZW baseband yet.

Not true. My Thunderbolt could make calls and use data on 3G at the same time. Currently my Galaxy S3 does this as well. I am no where near 4G.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt could make calls on CDMA while using LTE data. It could not use SVDO, since SVDO isn't supported by the VZW baseband yet.

The Thunderbolt can do it on 3G as well as the Rezound (I've verified this with my Rezound) and the GS3 is supposed to be able to as well. Seems like most HTC devices on Verizon after the Thunderbolt are able to do this. It's not a feature I use often, but when needed it is nice.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. They don't have it working in the Bay Area, then, since I had a friend complain to me about his Thunderbolt not being able to do it in 3G-only territory.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is still piggybacking EVDO onto their backhaul for LTE though... so when Network Vision improvements hit a particular tower, speeds roar from 80 to 500 Kbps to 2-3 Mb/s. I guess that qualifies as improvement to 3G networks (though it's amazing they let it get as bad as they did).

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. They don't have it working in the Bay Area, then, since I had a friend complain to me about his Thunderbolt not being able to do it in 3G-only territory.

That's pretty strange that it wouldn't work in the Bay area, but it works over here in backwoods Lake Charles, LA in the middle of nowhere. Stranger things have happened though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon