Why isn't there a 32 GB for the HTC 8X?

BlackWindow8

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm near to full with this 16 GB phone I have. I might as well get a Nokia Lumia... Not that I don't like Nokia, I was just looking forward to getting this phone. :\

I think this is due to the IPhone. The best selling IPhone is the 16gb model. So I assume HTC from a sales perspective feels that HDD size is not a hindrance. At the same token, I feel they should at least have more size options for the consumer more concerned space than price.

BlackWindow8

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Also I think that HTC has another WP8 device coming out soon. something better than the 8x we may see 32 gig on that

I agree, HTC is know for doing this. I feel the HTC 8x is just an acceptance device to see how the market would gravitate to it. Once they have their foot in the door to establish their presence, they will open the floodgates to higher end devices.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I think this is due to the IPhone. The best selling IPhone is the 16gb model. So I assume HTC from a sales perspective feels that HDD size is not a hindrance. At the same token, I feel they should at least have more size options for the consumer more concerned space than price.

It's the best seller because they charge $299 for the 32GB version. In the 8X case it all depends on what they charge. If the 8X, 920, ATIV are all $199, the 8X seems weaker. Now if it is less expensive as it looks like it might be.. then 16GB doesn't seem so bad.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The bias is amazing here at time. Nokia gets taken to task for things like app hogging to exclusives. But yet ask a legitimate question about the lack of storage on HTC and you get apologists and conspiracy theories.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If the Verizon 8X has 32GB storage them I'll get it with no reservations. If it is just 16GB like all the other versions then I'll be seriously considering the Ativ S, providing it comes to Verizon.
I just filled up my 16GB Trophy again yesterday. This happens about once a month and I have to go digging through my phone to find things to delete so I have more space again.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If the Verizon 8X has 32GB storage them I'll get it with no reservations. If it is just 16GB like all the other versions then I'll be seriously considering the Ativ S, providing it comes to Verizon.
I just filled up my 16GB Trophy again yesterday. This happens about once a month and I have to go digging through my phone to find things to delete so I have more space again.
uh.. the Trophy is an 8GB device..

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it was a nice surprise when the Verizon one came with 16GB... helped with having to wait for a device... a little...

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
The 8X looks nice and has decent specs but, having only 16GB pretty much guaranteed that it was off the list for consideration by me. 16GB may be fine for some and, if so then the 8X is definitely worth considering but, personally 32GB and/or expandable storage is a definite requirement for me on my next WP.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm near to full with this 16 GB phone I have. I might as well get a Nokia Lumia... Not that I don't like Nokia, I was just looking forward to getting this phone. :\
because cloud storage is the future... although some people dont want to have an internet connection to access data, it is the future... 32gb is kind of over kill. i have 1000 songs and tons of apps with room to spare on a 16gb. plus 25gb free skydrive space, what more does one need?

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
because cloud storage is the future... although some people dont want to have an internet connection to access data, it is the future... 32gb is kind of over kill. i have 1000 songs and tons of apps with room to spare on a 16gb. plus 25gb free skydrive space, what more does one need?

+Data plan police would disagree
+People who live in low signal area may have issues also

We don't know if HD app are cloud enabled so the new apps may consume more gigs than 7.5 apps...We know that app settings can

What's enough gb? At best it's subjective...like making an absolute statement that a 1000sq feet house is too big for all families

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm a music junkie. I keep having to delete apps and pictures for everything to fit. I have a very limited data plan so I can't always use Pandora apps.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I have approximately 8gb of music on my phone, that's being very very picky about what I choose. Yes, I listen to it on a regular basis and no streaming isn't a valid alternative. Even if I didn't have data limits it wouldn't work as many of the places I listen to music have terrible to no coverage. I pretty much have to delete any video I take as soon as it's copied to my PC. So yeah, I really want 32gb+ memory.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I normally would complain about the 16GB, but then I got a 16GB Trophy and still have yet to use all the storage. The apps are tiny and I have plenty of music on it - it just means I have to be more selective in what I load for certain things.

I've thought about upgrading Skydrive just so I can put all my music in the cloud so I can pull down whatever I need at a WiFi hotspot.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The HTC is the device for those of us on modern 4G networks without relic concepts like data caps. We T-Mos have virtually unlimited cloud storage, without caps and restrictions, so we don't need the obsolete local storage that AT&T and Verizon users must suffer with as a crutch imposed by the limitations of their inferior networks. ;)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope HTC and T Mobile are paying you for all the stuff you've been spouting lately. If not they should put you on the payroll.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb