Samsung ATIV Odyssey for Verizon

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
It supposedly uses a slightly smaller 4.65" screen, so it shouldn't be impacted by that.

That could even be a reason why Verizon went with a different screen size. Just postulating here, but they may have realized the GS3 would cannibalize production of the ATIV S. I know they think about this type of stuff.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
That could even be a reason why Verizon went with a different screen size. Just postulating here, but they may have realized the GS3 would cannibalize production of the ATIV S. I know they think about this type of stuff.
MacPhisto, do you have any idea what the Odyssey will actually look like? Hopefully nothing like the leaked images back in October (which I understand are actually the Marco?).

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Verizon's really trying to suck me in. Just got an email. the 822 is now $49.99 on contract, and I have a $50 new every two.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
So yeah I am currently suffering with a TP2 in which the screen doesn't always work. Right now I am using My mobile to see the display. I thought the rumors had it for this week for VZW to announce the Odyssey? I just need to see if its a high end phone or not (then I go with HTC 8X).

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone checked a store to see if there is any new info or anything on this today? I'd prefer this phone, but next week is my deadline, so if it's not out by then I'm going back to an 8X.

zekerrific

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to get this phone too (assuming it's a good one), but I'm thinking it won't come till January at this point, though. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but usually all the "holiday" phones are out by now, and at this point they are focusing on sales until after Christmas is over. Launching a new device this close to Christmas doesn't make a lot of sense.

SOMEnameItried

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ditto to both statements (the amazement for lack of info and wanting some kind of release date estimate). I'm eager to get one. I feel like a junkie as I check around for news on this everyday. :/

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am stuck with Verizon for work, but really want a hero device. I may just go with a 822 if nothing comes by the end of the month.

prelude20Si

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The way things are playing out for the ATIV Odyssey is very reminiscent of what happened when my Omnia II came out...rumors and delays and then finally it came out way after the fact. I'm still running my Omnia 2 until things settle. I was zeroed in on the 920 but didn't want to switch carriers and the 822 is very interesting but I'll hold out a little longer possibly.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is taking FOREVER with their phones. I heard about the HTC phone (later ended up being the 8X) in like May of 2012. Then in September is when a higher up told me about the prepaid Marco. At least HTC delivered within the same month as launch. Sheesh.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As no other US Carrier is even rumored to pick up a Samsung WP, the Odyssey is a very interesting device for those of us with a Focus series WP7. Very interested to see what it brings.

Hope we get a firm guess (see what I did there? No reason to set the bar too high for Big Red and Sammy) sometime in the first week of the new Year.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
IMO Samsung releasing Windows Phones is just them hedging their bets. They are full steam ahead Android (and now starting Tizen), so I would not expect any priority given to WP no matter what they say. For the same reasons, I would not expect anything innovative in a Samsung phone like Nokia has offered us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism