Samsung ATIV Odyssey for Verizon

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Any thoughts on the Samsung coming to Verizon in December? No picture, but there are some articles on the web sayiong the Odyssey was the code name for the ATIV S before it was announced by Samsung in August.

Last edited:

Ian Drake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Any thoughts on the Samsung coming to Verizon in December? No picture, but there are some articles on the web sayiong the Oddessy was the code name for the ATIV S before it was announced by Samsung in August.
It can't be the Ativ S. Balmer showed the Ativ S off, then later mentioned the Odyssey. I'm putting my hopes on the Odyssey being a high end phone since it will be exclusive to Verizon.

Hoping that Versizon wouldn't want an exclusive on a mid/low range phone, but you never know with them.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The rumor is saying its like the Galaxy Nexus except with WP8. If that's the case, then I'm stoked. I love the Gnex's hardware and with an updated processor, it's gonna be sick.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The rumor is saying its like the Galaxy Nexus except with WP8. If that's the case, then I'm stoked. I love the Gnex's hardware and with an updated processor, it's gonna be sick.

Wait what? The Gnex has crap hardware, **** plastic exterior, disgusting pentile display and a camera akin to a potato. Trust me I own one... shudder...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Rumour from where? Why would they be rehashing a year-old design created in correlation with Google?

astraith#WP

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
It can't be the Ativ S. Balmer showed the Ativ S off, then later mentioned the Odyssey. I'm putting my hopes on the Odyssey being a high end phone since it will be exclusive to Verizon.

Hoping that Versizon wouldn't want an exclusive on a mid/low range phone, but you never know with them.

The ATIV Odyssey is probably like the Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G. Every carrier has it's own unique branding.

zekerrific

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am holding out for this phone too. I hope it will meet my expectations. It seems exceptionally difficult to get any info on this phone. Any idea where there might be more info posted?

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
It is the ATIV S. Ballmer showed off the ATIV S, but it's just for Europe. The Odyssey will have some different styling cues (not anything too drastic), but it has the same hardware except with CDMA capability. $250 with 32GB. May be a $199 16GB variant.

Honestabebread has mentioned a low end Samsung coming for the prepaids as well. I've heard that one now. HTC 8S is also coming. Hoping for HTC, Nokia, and Samsung quad cores to launch before Easter.

Lots of Windows Phones will be coming to Verizon.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Off to a slower start with the lack of the 920... But if the Samsung is all its cracked up to be, I'd opt in for this one in this round.

What's Verizon's return policy for upgrades? I'd like to try the 8X when it comes out, but if the Samsung wipes the floor with it, I'd like to switch. Is it 14-30 days, restocking fee? Lol we have less choices and yet I find myself faced with so many decisions.

Can we expect a dramatic increase in performance from a quad-core WP8 device?

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The real question is it worth getting the ATIV Odyssey in Dec or waiting another 2-4 months and getting the HTC Zenith and/or Nokia 922...

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The real question is it worth getting the ATIV Odyssey in Dec or waiting another 2-4 months and getting the HTC Zenith and/or Nokia 922...

If we had that timeline as FACT... I would wait.

I really hope this happens, but I'll probably already have spent my money.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

Timeline is always in flux. There's an off chance that there could be a 920 variant at some point before the quad cores hit. As I said elsewhere, the real issue with the 920 was the commitment to a sales number and a heavy subsidy from the carrier. Verizon has a philosophy of matching the phone to the customer, not just pushing a certain model. They want a broad WP8 lineup so they can have a Windows Phone for every customer and make it a very viable alternative to Android and iOS, but they don't want to put heavy subsidies on an expensive phone, especially at the launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3