After some hands on pictures have come out for 8x and 822....

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'm going 8x now. Those pictures The Verge has of the 822 it just looks like a brick and an ugly one at that. I may be able to talk my wife into getting another phone in a year but she won't let me get another phone in 6 months. My trophy is on it's way out and so I'm need a new phone so that 8x looks amazing so I'm thinking I'm all in for the 8x. And besides there's been a few verizon insiders talking up the 8x so I don't think it'll be a bad choice at all.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't need an sd card my work has WiFi and at home I'm on my WiFi so even though I have unlimited data right now I only use like half a gig so giving up unlimited for 2 gigs and I got in on having a free 25 gig SkyDrive storage and only have 1/2 my 16 gigs filled up on my trophy. I just hope battery life is good. The only thing that upsets me is thanksgiving. To bad honestabebread couldn't hook us up a little early. I'm ready right now and have been out of contract for a year.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Does the 822 have gyroscope? Man, I'm confused. Important to me is resolution, which the 822 doesn't have. The 8X looks nice, but I'm wondering if many apps really use the gyro other than Photosynth.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'm going 8x now. Those pictures The Verge has of the 822 it just looks like a brick and an ugly one at that. I may be able to talk my wife into getting another phone in a year but she won't let me get another phone in 6 months. My trophy is on it's way out and so I'm need a new phone so that 8x looks amazing so I'm thinking I'm all in for the 8x. And besides there's been a few verizon insiders talking up the 8x so I don't think it'll be a bad choice at all.

I'm not so sure the 822 is that much of a brick. I compared the thickness of the HTC Trophy (11.96mm according to VZW website) and the Nokia 822 (11.2 mm according to WMPoweruser website). So it is a bit thinner than the legacy Trophy device. My wife has the trophy and it doesn't seem like a brick at all.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty much sold on an 8X and staying with VZW. But after seeing some of these hands-on videos and reviews today I'm having second thoughts. Maybe it's me, but the 8X just looks cheap. Call me crazy, and I know we haven't gotten a similar hands-on with the L920 yet, but the build quality of the 8X seems to be much lower than I expected.

Even though we haven't seen the L920 up close and personal yet I suspect that I will be going to AT&T next month.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty much sold on an 8X and staying with VZW. But after seeing some of these hands-on videos and reviews today I'm having second thoughts. Maybe it's me, but the 8X just looks cheap. Call me crazy, and I know we haven't gotten a similar hands-on with the L920 yet, but the build quality of the 8X seems to be much lower than I expected.

Even though we haven't seen the L920 up close and personal yet I suspect that I will be going to AT&T next month.

Made out of the same machined polycarbonate as the Lumia 920. And seriously, the 8X is anything but cheap feeling.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Made out of the same machined polycarbonate as the Lumia 920. And seriously, the 8X is anything but cheap feeling.

I'm still going to hold one in-hand before I make my decision, but in the close up video review I watched the buttons, micro USB port, and sim tray cover just didn't make it look like a quality build.

I'll reserve final judgment for when I can get my hands on one.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the wireless charging and the verge this is my next article pushed me over the edge and I'm going to pick up the 8x. Just wish it came in that yellow from the start.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the wireless charging and the verge this is my next article pushed me over the edge and I'm going to pick up the 8x. Just wish it came in that yellow from the start.

Verizon will probably never see the yellow considering Verizon is getting black and red as exclusives along with the blue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6