ATT Preorder!!

hellerz85

May 16, 2011
Visit site
So this is what the rep said about the "attention" status...

As part of our business security process, your order is currently being reviewed. If there are any problems encountered in processing your order, an e-mail notification will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided when you placed your order.

Thats all she could give me....sigh

CrownSeven

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on ATT with the old iPhone Unlimited Data Plan. Anyone has any idea how I can keep my unlimited plan while preordering online? Or do I have to call them up?

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
After striking out all last night I was finally able to order a Cyan and add a line to my account. I was expecting to add a line for $9.99 but it gave me an error message stating that I couldn't. I added another line for about $40 and will call and straighten out once I get the phone.

Those of you that preordered-did you select overnight shipping for $14.00 or go with the regular?

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on ATT with the old iPhone Unlimited Data Plan. Anyone has any idea how I can keep my unlimited plan while preordering online? Or do I have to call them up?

When you preorder online it will give you the option to keep your current plan. My sister did it without a problem and kept her unlimited plan.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
People who aren't blinded by marketing gimmicks, I suppose. Not a 920 hater, I just want to try both of them before I buy. Spec wise, the phones are practically identical.

It's time to get passed the ois and carl zeiss crap... the camera just isn't that good. I already have gloves made to work with phones so what's left, oh, when was the last time you looked at your phone and said "holy f**k this screen wont refresh fast enough to play a game!" I'll bet never.

How can anyone take you seriously when you babble on about the 920's camera being crap?? It takes the best night shots and best video. Daytime shots could be better but Engadget pointed out in their review that you can correct that manually in settings (suggesting a software calibration issue). To top it off, Nokia already said an update is on the way.

If the camera is not your thing, then fine. Not everyone is a photographer. But to call it crap is very telling on your part.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you received confirmation that you will actually receive the preorder on the 9th? I just called to verify my order & was told they would have them in the warehouse on the 9th, meaning that's actually when it would be shipped - actual arrival would probably be the 12th.

Phone rep said if I wanted to be sure to have it on the 9th the best bet would be to pre-order or reserve in person at the store, but my local store said they aren't doing that & won't guarantee availability at any specific time on 11/9 since they don't know if they will be in the shipment received 11/9, or 11/8. pain

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Att is dropping the ball on this one again. Not looking good for their big marketing push for WP this go around. My local store still doesn't know anything about the 920, so I obviously can't pre-order it there. I can't do the online pre-order either since I am moving two lines from Sprint and need to time everything right.

My local store actually said "we can call you if we get one of those in a few weeks or so, i guess". :straight:

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Att is dropping the ball on this one again. Not looking good for their big marketing push for WP this go around. My local store still doesn't know anything about the 920, so I obviously can't pre-order it there. I can't do the online pre-order either since I am moving two lines from Sprint and need to time everything right.

My local store actually said "we can call you if we get one of those in a few weeks or so, i guess". :straight:

Is it a corporate store or one of those partner wireless stores. The partner stores may not know when they are getting them yet. Just a thought.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

Pre-order online, and then do the port later. You don't have to do the port when you get the phones. Simply call customer service at your convenience after you get your new phones, and tell them you want to port a number.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
People who aren't blinded by marketing gimmicks, I suppose. Not a 920 hater, I just want to try both of them before I buy. Spec wise, the phones are practically identical.

It's time to get passed the ois and carl zeiss crap... the camera just isn't that good. I already have gloves made to work with phones so what's left, oh, when was the last time you looked at your phone and said "holy f**k this screen wont refresh fast enough to play a game!" I'll bet never.

I am not going to sit here and tell you which phone to buy, but what you call gimmicks, plenty call features. I could say that the 8X's gimmick is that it is thinner and lighter, as that is something I don't care about, but you obviously consider those features, which is completely acceptable.

As far as the screen is concerned, you get deeper blacks, much better view-ability in sunlight, and of course being able to touch use the phone with any gloved hand. I have tried a couple of those gloves that allow you to use smartphones while on and can say that, for me, they are God awful. Not to mention they aren't very good looking, but I tend to prefer a leather glove, so this is all personal preference. Will the L920 be better? Tough call... I haven't tried it.

As far as storage is concerned, neither have removable storage capabilities. You are stuck with what you buy. L920 gives you 32GB for $99. The 8x gives you 8GB for $99 and 16GB for $199. Off contract price of the L920 is $450, while the 8X off contract is $$549/599. I think this is a point of no contest. One literally cannot argue that the 8X is the "better" phone here. I suppose you can say you don't care about storage. Well ok.

As far as the camera goes, I am not sure what "not that good" means. It has been put up against some of the most highly regarded smart phone cameras on the market (iPhone 5, SGSIII, HTC ONE X) and outperformed them all in nearly all situations. In areas where performance could improve, it was stated by all reviewers that this could be an easy software fix. Nokia seems to care a LOT about their camera. I have no doubts that they will clean this up. Even so, what this means is an already leading camera has the opportunity to be even better.

As far as refresh rates go, no, nobody has ever said that they need more for gaming (as far as I am aware). But as an overall experience, fast refresh rates are just "prettier", for lack of better words. They are also easier on the eyes. Media (video)consumption should also be more enjoyable. For the person that is looking at their phone for hours throughout the day, it is going to be a generally better experience.

The 8X shines with it's amplified audio. I have yet to hear a comparison or see anyone really talk about it, so it is tough to make a decision here. I have heard a lot of people call the beats audio tech a gimmick as well. I am not going to call it that. For those who really enjoy music and use their device heavily for that purpose the 8X has the clear advantage.

So if you choose the 8X, I won't talk you out of it. I won't even say (or think) you are making the wrong decision. Because the beauty of Windows Phone is that we are given a choice between a handful of devices and are able to pick the one that best suites our own lifestyle. Likewise, I expect you to extend the same courtesy to the rest of us users and not lash out about how you think every feature that doesn't matter to you is a mere gimmick. It is childish, it is rude, and it doesn't add to the discourse of the thread whatsoever.

Last edited:

CrownSeven

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Ordered online from ATT premiere yesterday, just got an email stating it shipped. Unfortunately FEDEX is stating a deliver date of November 12th.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Call You I guess!

That's probably the same guy that can get some shocks from the warehouse. Multitasking is so 2011 isn't it.:D

angelsimaren

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just checked my pre-order for the Nokia Lumia 920 and noticed that is was still processing to ship since yesterday, but luckily I got a chance to talk to a sales representative who give me a number to call the order management line. So I called them to confirm my order and make sure I am getting the wireless charging plate. I spoke with him and he says that orders placed before 2:00pm on 11/7/2012 will be shipped out 11/9/2012 in the morning. I asked him if the charging plate comes with the phone because I didn't add it to my cart, and he says yes that I am confirmed to receive this in another package. So just a heads up to anyone who pre-ordered that the wireless charging plate will most likely come in a separate package.

Here's the number for anyone that wants to check their order: 1-866-391-0749 ( forgot to mention you must have your order number available to dial it in followed by the # sign)

Now don't listen to the automatic service voice because it completely said that my order was canceled, but of course that was wrong. :giggle:

Last edited:

jbwpcentral

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just checked my pre-order for the Nokia Lumia 920 and noticed that is was still processing to ship since yesterday, but luckily I got a chance to talk to a sales representative who give me a number to call the order management line. So I called them to confirm my order and make sure I am getting the wireless charging plate. I spoke with him and he says that orders placed before 2:00pm on 11/7/2012 will be shipped out 11/9/2012 in the morning. I asked him if the charging plate comes with the phone because I didn't add it to my cart, and he says yes that I am confirmed to receive this in another package. So just a heads up to anyone who pre-ordered that the wireless charging plate will most likely come in a separate package.

Here's the number for anyone that wants to check their order: 1-866-391-0749 ( forgot to mention you must have your order number available to dial it in followed by the # sign)

Now don't listen to the automatic service voice because it completely said that my order was canceled, but of course that was wrong. :giggle:
Eastern or Central time?

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Pre-order online, and then do the port later. You don't have to do the port when you get the phones. Simply call customer service at your convenience after you get your new phones, and tell them you want to port a number.
Yeah I thought about that after the fact. I pre-Ordered last night. No word on the charging pad when I pre-ordered though so hopefully that shows up also.

Does anyone else have some "Replacement Micro-SIM for Apple iPad" on their order? I don't know where that came from or what it is but apparently that is on my order (I don't own an Ipad nor would I have intentially or mistakenly put that in there), either way I didn't pay for whatever it is.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I thought about that after the fact. I pre-Ordered last night. No word on the charging pad when I pre-ordered though so hopefully that shows up also.

Does anyone else have some "Replacement Micro-SIM for Apple iPad" on their order? I don't know where that came from or what it is but apparently that is on my order (I don't own an Ipad nor would I have intentially or mistakenly put that in there), either way I didn't pay for whatever it is.

all that replacement micro sim for apple ipad is is just a micro sim for the phone
when i ordered my wifes gs3 it had that in the order and when i checked i saw it was just the micro sim 4g sim card for the phone. not sure why they have them listed as such.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12