Just spoke to Verizon rep, release dates inside...

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This is a general question for anybody who knows. I was up for renewAl with Verizon on the 8th so does that mean I am eligible to switch carriers now? On my account it says my contract end date is in February. Or can I switch now?

Thanks for the help

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This is a general question for anybody who knows. I was up for renewAl with Verizon on the 8th so does that mean I am eligible to switch carriers now? On my account it says my contract end date is in February. Or can I switch now?

Thanks for the help

You can switch now and pay the ETF or switch in February for no penalty

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Your Trophy does voice and data at the same time?! Mine certainly does not.

Just double checked. Guess I can on wifi but not 3G. I'm on wifi so many places I didn't make the connection. You're correct though, I don't seem to be able to access data and voice at the same time.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I really don't know on the consumer side how it works. I'm a little mad that there isn't a ATIV option at launch because I was excited about the bigger, removable, battery and expanded storage. I'm a device gigolo, i bounce around from device to device all the time as part of my job... Android, iPhone, and even Blackberry every so often... I've been looking forward to WP8 as a device I will use long term since I already have a Zune/XBox music pass and stuff. Need MOAR storage! :)

Now that I think about it, I think Verizon shortened the return window for consumers to 14 days, which blows. I don't think there is a restocking fee, but i think you pay for the data/voice plan that you used during that time. I don't know. Some Verizon person will have to chime in. That Sammy ATIV device could be a midrange device too, who knows.

Actually, I just confirmed that Best Buy has a 30 day return policy on just about everything, even mobile phones (I'm pretty sure I've done that before anyways).

I may just buy the 822 off contract there (with a price match as someone else has suggested can be done) and wait it out to hear more about the ATIV Odessy.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that works at VZW -

Do you know if the HTC 8X is listed as an "iconic" device? Talked to sales yesterday, she was pushing the 8x hard on me... but she said that iconic devices like the galaxy nexus, galaxy s3 and the iphone are not abled to be billed to the account. I have always billed the hardware to my account and everything. just easier for me and my place of business. if they dont let me bill to the account, might be a problem for me. Thanks in advance for any info.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Called VZW sales again. Guy I talked to was very helpful . Said bill to account was available and that if the phone was shipping by the 13th, then you should be able to order it on the 13th. Said plenty of phones will be available, so don't worry about preordering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb