Black Friday | Worth the Wait?

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
If the Lumia 920 is $99 already, imagine Black Friday. WP8 is gonna be crazy cheap and well worth it.
~ @tomwarren

I have been thinking about this but I am not too familiar with black friday sales for cellphones as I have never looked or shopped for a phone on BF (couldn't imagine getting up at 2am and going to at&t/best buy/Verizon )

Question:
Is it reasonable to expect new phones to be marked down on BF? I mean by the 23rd of November the phones will only have been out 1-2 weeks. I tell you what, if they do...it would make this fence sitter, career complainer ;) buy any WP8 and not wait for the 7.8 for my lumia 900.

I could just take the $214 ( plus sell the 920/8X for $150? ) that I reserved for a new phone and just use it for my early termination fee to get the phone that I really want in Q2/2013

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
if you feel you can wait by all means do so. also best buy may do specials on phones in dec. dont know if you wanna wait that long. black friday is only a couple of weeks away so that wait isnt that bad. i wonder if phone deals will leak out before then for black friday. imo amazon may be the best bet for phone deal during black friday

fhumphrey04

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope for the brand's sake they dont go discounting the 920 immediately. Once they drop the price for black friday, nobody is willing to pay more than that going forward.

$99 is dirt cheap, especially when it includes a wireless charger.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I can't see a premium phone that is priced very, very aggressively getting any cheaper 2 weeks later for Black Friday.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping Verizon has some Black Friday deals on their new phones.

I wouldn't count on it especially considering how close the launch will be to BF. If anything, I could see Verizon throwing in an accessory or something, but I wouldn't expect to pay less than the $199 release price.

Now if you're talking about Android phones, God only knows what they will do.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, looks like I shouldn't wait for any BF for windows phone as they just came out. As a point of reference, I googled BF 2011 phone deals and they were the crappy ones for $0.01

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping Verizon has some Black Friday deals on their new phones.

They had originally thought about it, but that was when WP8 was launching in late October for them. Everything moved back.

I think it is very possible that they will offer accessories. I could also see them offering the wireless charging backplate for the 822 if you buy on Black Friday. They could also throw in a holster or a USB car charger. Those things cost them little and will increase sales for them.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I would prefer an early upgrade. I could probably use my wife's but I would prefer to use my own. Mine is in March so I guess we will have to see.

I got an early upgrade last time. Logged into my account online and saw that the time to upgrade had changed to "now eligible for an upgrade". I got it at least three months ahead of schedule - might have been a bit more. It was around Easter when they did it. I know that's a pretty big season for them as is Christmas, so they might do it again.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go to my local store and look at the phones Monday. If I like what I see I will call customer service and talk to them about my upgrade. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go to my local store and look at the phones Monday. If I like what I see I will call customer service and talk to them about my upgrade. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Certainly not. They have been very willing even in the recent past to upgrade me as long as I have not been on a bottom rung plan. Then they will hesitate. You can bring up the spectre of leaving when your contract is close to done. My ETF right now is off of a non-smartphone (I bought my Trophy used without going through Verizon for any subsidy) and it is around $60. I may be able to get AT&T to pay that - they love the prospect of picking off one of VZW's customers. So that's a real card to play.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I want to change my plan from two lines of unlimited to a shared data plan along with get my upgrade moved up. Changing the plan won't be an issue, but I'd like to use that as an added tool to get my upgrade moved. Would I be better off calling the loyalty department or going through regular customer service?

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I want to change my plan from two lines of unlimited to a shared data plan along with get my upgrade moved up. Changing the plan won't be an issue, but I'd like to use that as an added tool to get my upgrade moved. Would I be better off calling the loyalty department or going through regular customer service?

Not sure. They really want people to move to the shared data plan. I'd probably start with customer service. If you tell them you won't change over until both phones are upgraded, or however you want to set terms, then that may give them incentive to move you over.

Are your two lines unlimited data? My bet is they would gladly upgrade you early to move you off an unlimited data plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad