Rogers homepage shows new WP8 devices...

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? "Amazing photography" is the tagline for the 920? Why did they give the stupid crapdroid phones better taglines and all the WP8 phones lame taglines making them sound weak? They should be equal at the least.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I went into a Rogers wirless store on Thursday to ask if they had a 920 I could play around with. They didn't have one in stock and the salesman kept asking me why I want to spend so much money on that phone, and proceded to show me his personal Android phone and how great it is. It was as if someone asking for a Windows Phone is out of their mind.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I went into a Rogers wirless store on Thursday to ask if they had a 920 I could play around with. They didn't have one in stock and the salesman kept asking me why I want to spend so much money on that phone, and proceded to show me his personal Android phone and how great it is. It was as if someone asking for a Windows Phone is out of their mind.
Those reps don't know their a** from their elbow. I made several calls to them recently about plans and whatnot for the 920 and they always, and I do mean ALWAYS, asked why I didn't want a SG3. They are all working there because they can't get a job elsewhere in the tech area. When I bring up my software development experience some of them lament that they wish they could get work in those fields.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Rogers.. I asked to look at the Lumia phone, and their sales agent corrected me, saying its pronounced 'lumina' and took me to see it.. the Galaxy S III. When I said no the Nokia, she looked at me like I was insane.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Rogers.. I asked to look at the Lumia phone, and their sales agent corrected me, saying its pronounced 'lumina' and took me to see it.. the Galaxy S III. When I said no the Nokia, she looked at me like I was insane.

Of course it's pronounced Lumina. Like the Chevy vehicle of the same name right? Lol

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I was looking today in Winnipeg and Brandon and there is nothing yet.

Does anyone know if Microsoft pop up stores will be selling Windows Phone 8 devices?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine went into Rogers in Ottawa two years ago and was told he was "crazy" for wanting an iPhone. The rep tried to talk him into getting a BlackBerry Curve instead because it was "cheaper and can do things the iPhone can't, like e-mail." :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3