A ZTE Note?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Surprised I have not seen a thread on this yet, but has anyone else heard about a line of ZTE WP 8 devices, including this 5.9" monster?

ZTE Windows Phone 8 Device Leaks, Confirms The First WP8 Device To Feature 1080p Full HD Display - GSM Insider - Gadgets news from the insider

Would be an interesting move on the part of ZTE. Why not offer a "phablet" type of device to the WP 8 world that is popular right now? They may just strike gold.

There is another WP 8 device that looks at least 4.3" to me if the one is a 5.9". The other rumored is a low end 7.8 device.

I know ZTE is a cheap handset company, but what if they truly give a high end a go? Would those like my Wife that desperately want a Samsung Galaxy Note-style phablet be willing to give a handset maker trying to step up a chance?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Really good thought. I do not see where there are any true limitations on hardware with WP 8. Again, I think the universal hardware the first 5 WP 8 devices share makes for easier updates at launch. 2nd gen and on, why NOT throw some Android-like top end screen, processors, and such on there?

james kristus

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Zte are forward thinking if all the talk is true, they have taken the phablet to its limit in size. So that other phone makers can stay below this size making zte top of the pile. Its good that wp8 is breaking into the phablet world sooner than later, because this will force or move other companies to produce wp8 phablets with their own special angle on this type of device which will give us the consumers greater choice of phablet. Zte have played their ace hand in this card game lets see if anyone else can put down a better product? jk

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Nice entry level device but still too small for a flag ship. Still I like the fact that they are moving the evolution of the smartphone along. Now since it's primary function is a phone it should be called phonlet and because "phablet" just sounds stupid! Sorry but it does. MS & Nokia have the perfect opportunity to do this with the Surface but they seem to not get it so oh well.

Zte are forward thinking if all the talk is true, they have taken the phablet to its limit in size. So that other phone makers can stay below this size making zte top of the pile. Its good that wp8 is breaking into the phablet world sooner than later, because this will force or move other companies to produce wp8 phablets with their own special angle on this type of device which will give us the consumers greater choice of phablet. Zte have played their ace hand in this card game lets see if anyone else can put down a better product? jk

It's limit IMO would be 12" but ASUS is already ahead of everyone with the Padfone/Padfone2. Unfortunately the carriers are dragging there feet on this despite demand for the devise. As for the WP8 version of it nobody but ASUS knows for sure and they aren't talking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss