ATIV Odyssey Leaked!

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well there you go, Verizon officially hates Windows Phone. Glad I switched to AT&T, 920 here I come!
Odyssey.jpeg

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I love the look of the Odyssey. It looks just like the Ativ S just smaller. I'm not really considering Samsung myself but I think these phones are vastly underrated both in specs and looks.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The ATIV S was originally rumored for T Mobile, and was going to be the phone offered everywhere.

Then, it became the only device not even mentioned stateside.

Then, it became a Verizon exclusive, which was fine because "Odyssey" was the code name for the ATIV S while in development, and Big Red was not going to get the 920.

Now... 4.0"? A small block with none of the professional polish of the ATIV S?

Don't get me wrong- pack top end specs, high def screen and GS2 type exclusive on a 4.0" device, and you might hit a winner. Not everyone wants a 4.3" or bigger screen. But this just FEELS like a low end device, don't it? No promotion, very little excitement, hardly any leaks.

If you love Verizon's service and want a WP 8, no reason not to go 8X. If you want less expensive the 822 is going to be a great option. Unless this is full of surprises, this is a device that is going to be totally ignored.

Hope there are surprises.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
all this is folks is a CDMA Focus 2. If it were white and sans logos you couldn't tell it apart from the ATT one. More recycled dreck from Samsung.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Seeing this doesn't even make me think twice about my decision to pre-order the 822. I'm not a huge fan of the styling at all.

Last edited:

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
"Verizon officially hates wP8"

Why? Because they have a low end option to compete with low end garbage Android phones? Verizon is so mean for trying to get WP8 market share. What jerks.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
"Verizon officially hates wP8"

Why? Because they have a low end option to compete with low end garbage Android phones? Verizon is so mean for trying to get WP8 market share. What jerks.
IF this is a 4.0" mid range device (a ton of tech sites still are listing it as 4.8", so there is a lot of confusion), and IF it has mid-rnge specs, then you have a valid point. Despite our immense and fun bias, WP does not have the audience of Android, or even RIM, so 1 premium device and two mid-range is not a bad starting point at Verizon at all.

But the problem is that Verizon customers have been waiting so long for premium WP devices that a little disappointment at having only the 8X as a top end device is expected.

Not that we really know at this point. I still hope for a true ATIV S for Big Red, just designed different.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
IF this is a 4.0" mid range device (a ton of tech sites still are listing it as 4.8", so there is a lot of confusion), and IF it has mid-rnge specs, then you have a valid point. Despite our immense and fun bias, WP does not have the audience of Android, or even RIM, so 1 premium device and two mid-range is not a bad starting point at Verizon at all.

But the problem is that Verizon customers have been waiting so long for premium WP devices that a little disappointment at having only the 8X as a top end device is expected.

Not that we really know at this point. I still hope for a true ATIV S for Big Red, just designed different.

I'm just saying its stupid to say Something like that without knowing the specs or anything. And still. Verizon has 3 models and each store will have at least 4 Reps carrying a WP8 device.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Verizon officially sucks now. They said they were committed to WP8 and a third and viable alternative to iOS/Android. In order to do that, you have to at least have one "flagship" phone.

I'm sorry, while the 8X is nice, I don't consider a $200 device with 16gb non-expandable memory, to be a hero phone. Nice yes, but top-tier, that's arguable at best for this phone.

I think the whole "it's the network" thing is getting to their heads to be honest especially considering how much they're asking us to pay each month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte