Got my hands on a lumia 822!

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I stopped at the kiosk at my BX and asked the guy about the phone. He pulled it out of his drawer and handed it to me. It is the black one and it is his floor model.

ask away. The phone was off so no screen questions.

It is WAYYY better looking in person then it looks in pictures. It is very sturdy and beastly. I feel like I could use it as a hockey puck. Heavier then I had expected. The plastic looks like A powder coated metal and comes off as premium. The sides are a little uncomfortable and leans inward going towards the top. Wish it had the rounded corners:p.

This phone will not disappoint unless you have small hands maybe. I can't wait to get mine.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
What's "my BX"? Could it not turn on? I'm anxious to see the white and grey in person, but the grey sounds like it could be a no-show early on.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What's "my BX"? Could it not turn on? I'm anxious to see the white and grey in person, but the grey sounds like it could be a no-show early on.

BX is Base Exchange = Military base version of your Sam's Club or whatever you want to call it. The store that is on the base. The silver eagle sitting on the arrow in his signature is either Captain (I was Navy) or Colonel (other branches).

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Could it not turn on? I'm anxious to see the white and grey in person, but the grey sounds like it could be a no-show early on.

Nope no turning on. I want to see the grey and white too but it looks like all the display models for all the phones are black based on what everyone says about their stores for all the Lumia phones.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I stopped at the kiosk at my BX and asked the guy about the phone. He pulled it out of his drawer and handed it to me. It is the black one and it is his floor model.

ask away. The phone was off so no screen questions.

It is WAYYY better looking in person then it looks in pictures. It is very sturdy and beastly. I feel like I could use it as a hockey puck. Heavier then I had expected. The plastic looks like A powder coated metal and comes off as premium. The sides are a little uncomfortable and leans inward going towards the top. Wish it had the rounded corners:p.

This phone will not disappoint unless you have small hands maybe. I can't wait to get mine.

How's the back plate fit? Does it fit tightly and flush with no noticeable gaps? Any movement when you press against it? Reason I'm asking is that the back plate/battery door on my wife's Trophy has never fit well at all. It fits so poorly that it moves when I press against it since there is a gap.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
How's the back plate fit? Does it fit tightly and flush with no noticeable gaps? Any movement when you press against it? Reason I'm asking is that the back plate/battery door on my wife's Trophy has never fit well at all. It fits so poorly that it moves when I press against it since there is a gap.

The back plate is flush and sturdy. It has a distinct groove around the cover though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3