Lumia 822 only needs wireless charging plate for wireless charging.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't make sense to me as to why it needs to be. Maybe the charging pad is dormant until the NFC tells it to wake up?

I wonder..... There was an article the other day about someone trying an older phone's wireless charging plate, and it turning on the charge light, but not actually charging the phone. I wonder if this may be why? Hmmm...

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
It's obvious from looking at the stock back cover that the wireless charging area is below the NFC plate. The indentation for the 4 contacts is on the cover, but no wires present. I bought the charging plate, hoping like everyone else that the stock back cover provided wireless charging. Guess I'll be waiting for "a later date"... :>(

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same boat. Got my phone last night and couldn't figure out why the charging plate wasn't working. The spec sheet on VZW alluded to that it was capable out of the box. Now we have to wait for the backs to be sold :(

Also what is interesting is that on VZW accessory page for the DT-900 and check compatibility it says (at least at the moment) that the 822 isn't compatible.

Last edited:

daniel nensel

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Considering that both the verizon and Nokia websites listed wireless charging in the features of the phone, with no indication of an additional accessory needed (verizon has since updated their website) along with numerous salesman (including the one I talked to) telling people that it was included out of the box. I feel that Verizon needs to make this right. I personally have filed a complaint with the BBB as well as began a complaint to my Stats Attorney General about their misleading advertising. Please let me know how many other of you were told this phone came with wireless charging and were mislead by verizon.

Also to answer the above question the store manager at the verizon store I went back to to complain to (the very next day) stated that the Wireless Charging doors were $40 but were inexplicably not on deisplay and only available from the back room (more deception) :mad::mad::mad:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I started this thread with all (I think) of the accessories that are on the Verizon site. Well, probably not including gel cases, but I did a search for them and didn't come up with anything.

daniel nensel

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Now it will cost about $90 total to equip the 822 with wireless charging. Thanks for the kick in the balls VZW.

I suggest complaining to them and the BBB / your local attorney general. This was an advertised feature from both Verizon and Nokia until 2 days after launch (at which point Verizon changed their website) if enough people point this out maybe they will make good on their advertisement and include it in the original price (at least the battery door)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes