Just about to get lumia 920, but then I hear...950 will have a 12 mp camera

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I thought this was already disproved? AFAIK the Chinese model is the same as all the others.

I'm pretty sure the Lumia 920T (Chinese model) is actually sporting a Adreno 320 GPU, as opposed to the standard Adreno 225.

I haven't heard anything disputing this since it was originally revealed?

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just about to get lumia 920, but then I hear...

12mp camera

In terms of image quality, it doesn't matter how many mpix the camera is, what matters is how big the sensor is, and how good the optics are.. and also the jpeg processing. In fact, if they take the senor from the N8 and cut into 8Mpix instead of 12.. it will produce better results.

Now if you want all the extra cool stuff like lossless zooming, oversampling, xenon+LED, etc. you need the monster package from the 808, which like I said in my previous post is already developed, and in mass production, so they don't really need to wait for any R&D work... its ready to go.

danmcg

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Apple does the best they can do, puts it in one package, and sells it..

Really? Front facing cameras are not equal in their product line. Rear facing either. They put what the market will bear and save the best for next. And they have had me until I got bored with iOS. Something new caught my eye and its great so far. There are things I would change, but overall I'm quite happy.

I don't know about the Nokia product cycle, but I do like what I currently have in the 920.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

That the 950 will have a 12mp camera, that It wont be too long until its release...

That new models of S4 or other phones are coming out in two monts...

Basically, I don't want to spend 650 euros on a Device that will not be the best option out in 6 months or much less...

Thoughts? validity of rumors?

Awesome. 3 posts. Your rumor. Now looking for validation from those who live and breathe this stuff, but haven't. Awesome.

elvisff

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Awesome. 3 posts. Your rumor. Now looking for validation from those who live and breathe this stuff, but haven't. Awesome.
Post counts don't mean that a person is ignorant of the platform. I read wpcentral multiple times a day, along with wmpoweruser, winsupersite, aawp, verge, engadget, and multiple other sites looking for wp news. I have also bought a focus, l900, and l920 on their release days, while being very informed on what I was looking to buy months in advance. Yet I have 22, now 23 posts on here, does that make Me uninformed too? One thing I hate when reading tech blogs is the amount of self righteousness in the comments and forums. Don't be that guy..

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

That the 950 will have a 12mp camera, that It wont be too long until its release...

Basically, I don't want to spend 650 euros on a Device that will not be the best option out in 6 months or much less...

Same thing will happen when new devices arrive. After they release new ones will come.Is always like that. This is how technology moves. Buy a phone today; next month is old because new ones are coming

Jed Cutler

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Actually, I heard the 980 will have a 16mp camera and 128gb of storage.. You should wait until that comes out.. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

I never get caught up with that because you will NEVER be current no matter what you get. If you wait for the 950 (assuming it even comes out when you think) I guarantee that the next "big" thing will be right around the corner again. There is no way you can keep up with the release of these new smart phones and to try and do so is a fool's folly. Unless you have a FIRM release date, why bother?

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you the 950 is absolutely amazing. It will blow your mind!! I have actually seen it. . . I cried for days. I went home and threw my 920 in the toilet and then **** on it. The technology in this 950, I didn't know even exist yet. Its almost alien technology. I can't say any more. I'm being watched right now, I've already said to much.

drknkboot

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

Since we're all specualting here, 950 just doesn't seem to fit. I say the next Lumia will be a 940. That has more consistency than a 950 does...or even better, maybe we see a 920SE or something. Just saying!!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

As said, with that thinking you never get a new phone. There will never be a phone that will be the top dog after 6 months.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

As said, with that thinking you never get a new phone. There will never be a phone that will be the top dog after 6 months.

While that is generally true, I don't think it applies in the same way in Nokia's situation at the moment. Their update cycle can be much faster because of the situation they are in, and also because they have a lot of available technology that is already in mass production, but its not found in the Lumia line.. so I think they will have a new flagship by June at the latest.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Or, just buy a 920 now. When the 950 (or whatever) comes out, just sell your 920 and put the money towards a new 950. Then you get to use the 920 for now, and when the new phone comes out, you can use the new phone too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb