May want to hold off on that 8X or 822 just a hair longer...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
According to the Verge:

Nokia Laser: a flagship Lumia Windows Phone for Verizon | The Verge

A 920 varient, that oh so many Big Red users were sure wasn't coming, may be on the way. If you can ease a little more life out of that Android or Trophy you have, wait a little to see what this "Laser" has to offer (Pantech already used that name, Mr. Nokia. It was a bit of a flop of a feature phone). :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: May ant to hold off on that 8X or 822 just a hair longer...

Your post would imply that the 920 is better than the 8x. Personally I thinks it's a fat ugly brick. You guys and your phablets lol.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: May ant to hold off on that 8X or 822 just a hair longer...

Your post would imply that the 920 is better than the 8x. Personally I thinks it's a fat ugly brick. You guys and your phablets lol.

The 8x is nice, but the 920 has a few features that really tip the scales for me.
- ClearBlack display
- higher end camera
- Nokia's apps and support

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This was mentioned a few weeks ago. The reason I'm waiting for MWC to announce a higher end Nokia device for Verizon. Was going 8x until I bought a family member the 822. Nokia's support & features has me holding on to my upgrade. Hoping to see better specs than 920 with the Laser.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i cant wait any longer.. my droid is falling apart..

im scared they are going to announce it and then say that you can get it til like end of march or later..

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I know right, I got my 822 for free because the Verizon rep waived the activation fee for me. And I really do not want to wait a whole month for the 920

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm still hanging onto my iPhone 4 for now, but got an 822 for my mom. Spent a week testing it and setting it up due to a prolonged number port process, but I really think that's a fantastic phone, especially for free. I've been holding out for a 920 variant or something else, but depending on what they announce on VZW I may end up with an 822 anyway. It's just a great size/weight/feel.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's very likely this device just passed through the FCC. However, the verge is claiming they don't think it will show up at MWC. That we may have to wait all the way up until June. That'll kill me cause my fiancee wants to join my Verizon phone line and upgrade her phone but I don't want to make any changes to my plan until there's an HD screened Pureviewed Nokia on Verizon.

Nokia's 'Laser' passes FCC checks, a Lumia 920 variant for Verizon | The Verge

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It's very likely this device just passed through the FCC. However, the verge is claiming they don't think it will show up at MWC. That we may have to wait all the way up until June. That'll kill me cause my fiancee wants to join my Verizon phone line and upgrade her phone but I don't want to make any changes to my plan until there's an HD screened Pureviewed Nokia on Verizon.

Nokia's 'Laser' passes FCC checks, a Lumia 920 variant for Verizon | The Verge

Why don't they think it would debut at MWC? If it doesn't, I think it's totally unacceptable. Nokia should know how many people were upset with their original exclusivity deal with AT&T. Not releasing another device until JUNE will put the final nail in the coffin for many people, including myself. I've been holding on to my upgrade for too long and my iPhone isn't going to last me much longer. This waiting game is becoming ridiculous.

mythra

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So a month ago this Tom Warren said 'it's almost here', of the Laser. Now he says June. He was only off by half a year I guess. :) There is something fishy here though. We all know companies sometimes intentionally leak info. I wonder if Tom is part of a collaboration with Verizon. Every so often he will give Verizon customers some hope. Primarily so that they wait and don't jump ship.

If you tell someone that it is 6 months away then they won't wait. If you tell them it is 3 months away then they might wait. And then you tell them it is another 3 months away. Some might say 'I've waited this long, why not wait another 3'. And that's how you get them to wait 6 months.

The reality is that AT&T has a 6-month exclusive that ends in May. Red headed step childs aren't getting anything until then.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If it isn't announced at MWC we can assume that it will basically be the 920 with slight modifications. This will lead to a new at&t exclusive on the new Nokia aluminum wp8 with the new even better camera. This will be featured at MWC and once again give us Verizon customers something to ***** about again!

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well back in December Elop said they were working on exciting things with Verizon. As much as Elop might believe a 920 variant would be exciting. I hope this isn't the case. I like the 920 but I'd still prefer something new instead of four month old hardware revisions.

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well back in December Elop said they were working on exciting things with Verizon. As much as Elop might believe a 920 variant would be exciting. I hope this isn't the case. I like the 920 but I'd still prefer something new instead of four month old hardware revisions.

Well at this point, from the sound of things from a few different sites, this is exactly what is going to happen :/ *sigh* Everyone is saying the 920 variant won't even be announced at MWC and just quietly added to Verizon's line up later :(

Lana Phillips

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
OK, my upgrade date is February 28. I'm with Verizon, and I've been batting around the 8X vs. 822. Will have to keep this in mind this week....

Killstardo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My upgrade was on the 13th and it seemed like an eternity since my phone has been a POS for a long time now. I don't want to wait too long to get a new phone. Hopefully we get some information in the next week or so.

mountainman

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Everyone calm down - VzW has the best network - AT&T has the best hardware. This is how it has been for YEARS. If you don't know this by now, kick yourself in your own arse for Pete's sake.

The 920 is coming to Big Red.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If we get the 920 as is with some of the initial bugs worked out I will be content. I really think that Nokia needs to throw us a bone here... Better battery like the 822 over the 820... Maybe some minor camera improvements. Give us something to be excited about not just content with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo