Whole New Line of Lumias incoming?

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Australian here so I'm not sure how relevant this is to the rest of the world, but thought I'd share this!

Today I found myself at D*ck Smith Electronics (DSE) (major national retailer over here), I was out to pick up a Nokia Lumia 620, and was told by the sales rep that by the end of may month the prices of all Lumia handsets in stock would be reduced as a whole new line of Lumia devices are supposedly incoming, (we've seen this in the recent Catwalk and AT&T leaks) and that it would be better to wait for the newer models and resulting price drop.

I personally saw the inventory screen which showed new Nokia Lumia 930, Lumia 830 devices expected in the May-June time frame, as well as shipments of the current Lumia 720 and 520 phones.

I don't have anything to back this up other than what I've said right here. So take this how you will, just wanted to share what I had learned today!

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Given a June / July timeframe it will have been 7 to 8 months since the L920 was announced. Given Nokia pre-announces early expect new models will hit shelves in Aug / Sept. 10 months....

bor42

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This could be quite right as the price of 820 just dropped by 100€ at my mobile provider (which happens very very seldom), although I believe that guys behind the counter are usually not the best people to get new info from (they are too far down the chain).

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is playing catch up to the android platoon.. so yes, they need to move faster than the usual.

1080p/snap 800 will be the way to go, hopefully before Windows Blue rolls out.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Nokia is playing catch up to the android platoon.. so yes, they need to move faster than the usual.

1080p/snap 800 will be the way to go, hopefully before Windows Blue rolls out.

Though like The Verge said, the update that brings 1080 and new Qualcomm SoC's (600 and/or 800 almost certainly) is supposedly coming for holidays. So we can't expect those changes before that.

That's why I Catwalk being released on 1H this year as a more compact Lumia 920 is the way they are going for and really only way to gather new high end buyers. Like they have been for past years, i expect the flagship, 1080p real PureView phone being announced at Nokia World, that Nokia usually holds in September or October.

This could be quite right as the price of 820 just dropped by 100€ at my mobile provider (which happens very very seldom), although I believe that guys behind the counter are usually not the best people to get new info from (they are too far down the chain).

Yeah unfortunately they know nothing of these most of the time. Even more just spout stuff out.
Also Apple and Samsung have started really fierce pricing battle especially in Asia that will no doubt affect Nokia. New high end waves from Android are landing and Nokia simply needs to lower its prices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12