SONY Windows Phone 8.1 devices suggested July release tweeted by Tom Warren

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: SONY Windows Phone 8.1 devices suggested June release tweeted by Tom Warren

In WP8.1 games now show up in the app list now that interesting so I suppose Xbox Games might be able to be removed and perhaps PlayStation Mobile will be default that just my thought of course.

What do you think?

Yes, that was expected just as the removal of video & music from the core-OS. Which is why I said Microsoft would have to allow Sony to replace the apps. If those things had not been removed from the core-OS, I'm pretty sure Sony wouldn't even be an option as a WP OEM. ;)

Lets see if Microsoft allows Sony to replace Xbox apps with PlayStation (the way Nokia prevents Samsung owners from accessing their apps) and a Sony phone arrives.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, that was expected just as the removal of video & music from the core-OS. Which is why I said Microsoft would have to allow Sony to replace the apps. If those things had not been removed from the core-OS, I'm pretty sure Sony wouldn't even be an option as a WP OEM. ;)

Lets see if Microsoft allows Sony to replace Xbox apps with PlayStation (the way Nokia prevents Samsung owners from accessing their apps) and a Sony phone arrives.

It looking highly likely which should be great!

Da1020Da

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

I'm a playstation user and if thats true this OS getting more nicer.

Now its hard for me,to choose between Sony n Nokia in the near future as Sony is actually my personal favorite since past few yrs.

It'll be one great dilemma

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Now its hard for me,to choose between Sony n Nokia in the near future as Sony is actually my personal favorite since past few yrs.

Well, since in a few months Nokia will be leaving the smartphone business, I think your dilemma will be solved. Since Nokia won't exist anymore as an OEM, only Sony is left ;)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Well, since in a few months Nokia will be leaving the smartphone business, I think your dilemma will be solved. Since Nokia won't exist anymore as an OEM, only Sony is left ;)

And at that point it'll be Nokia's production & developer team under the Microsoft name.

So our choices will be Sony or Microsoft. I know that's not what you want to hear DJCBS, but it's the truth. The future is bright.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

And at that point it'll be Nokia's production & developer team under the Microsoft name.

So our choices will be Sony or Microsoft. I know that's not what you want to hear DJCBS, but it's the truth. The future is bright.

I will be choosing SONY since there my all time favourite company.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

It looking good for WP8.1 and SONY!

Looking forward to June each day.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I read on a site that SONY has a small productions of SONY WP8.1 devices about a thousand if I can found the site I will add it to the thread.

What do you think about this?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I read on a site that SONY has a small productions of SONY WP8.1 devices about a thousand if I can found the site I will add it to the thread.

I'd love to see the source.

RedVagabond

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Lets be honest. No one is going to buy a console gaming system because of a phone. I don't think Microsoft or Sony will care that each other's system is on their phone. If anything, its better for microsoft because they can get people who already own PS4's in their system. I really can't wait for a Sony phone with WP.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Nop. It will be people who used to work for Nokia that went to work for Microsoft. Just like others went to work for Jolla, Apple, Samsung etc etc throughout the years. That did NOT make those phones Nokia just like it won't make any Microsoft-produced phones a Nokia.

So no, if the choice is between Nokia and Sony, only Sony will be available. Otherwise it will be Sony or any other WP OEM (Microsoft, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, LG or one of those small indian ones).

Myself I'll only remain with Windows Phone if Sony releases a Windows Phone. They're the only OEM to whom I recognize enough merit and quality to fill the space left vacant by Nokia (I have tons of Sony hardware and some of it still works flawlessly despite being really old. And I mean decades old.)

I take that with a ton of salt. And I also don't believe the site when they say Sony will focus on the US while Microsoft takes care of Japan. If anything it will be the other way around. At any rate, I think any Sony WP will probably launch in Europe and Japan before ever arriving to the US.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I take that with a ton of salt. And I also don't believe the site when they say Sony will focus on the US while Microsoft take care of Japan. If anything it will be the other way around. At any rate, I think any Sony WP will probably launch in Europe and Japan before ever arriving to the US.

Of course so however the amount they will produce and the devices seem about right. I think the writer properly mixed up the bit about MS taking care of Japan and SONY for the US.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Sony is so much more than just Playstation. I should be able to have a Sony WindowsPhone and retain the Xbox apps. It's (hopefully) not a limited "Playstation" phone. It's a phone, not a gaming console. If a Sony WP device removed / blocked the Xbox apps, that would limit potential consumer sales. I'm stretching it a bit here, but it is in a similar vein to the scenario of Sony blocking their TV's and home theatre systems (of which I own) from working with Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Sony's phone division should be no different from the TV / Audio / Camera divisions. Phones do not equal Playstations, just as a Sony point-and-shoot or SLR camera is not a Playstation camera.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Sony is so much more than just Playstation. I should be able to have a Sony WindowsPhone and retain the Xbox apps. It's (hopefully) not a limited "Playstation" phone. It's a phone, not a gaming console. If a Sony WP device removed / blocked the Xbox apps, that would limit potential consumer sales. I'm stretching it a bit here, but it is in a similar vein to the scenario of Sony blocking their TV's and home theatre systems (of which I own) from working with Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Sony's phone division should be no different from the TV / Audio / Camera divisions. Phones do not equal Playstations, just as a Sony point-and-shoot or SLR camera is not a Playstation camera.

That a great point!

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

THIS! Xbox games are a strong selling point of the OS, not the phone. If sony phones do not have this they lose a key selling point of the OS thus potentially shooting themselves in the foot in terms of phone sales.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Well, personally I've always rocked the Xperia phones that are waterproof. Their laptops were nice but overpriced for what you get, but I'm a sucker when it comes to Sony hardware. Especially the latest designs really appeal to me (not to mention the good music quality and decent camera's).

If they start to make Windows Phones, I'll definitely toss my 8X out and trade it for something that resembles the Xperia Z1 compact or Z2!

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

THIS! Xbox games are a strong selling point of the OS, not the phone. If sony phones do not have this they lose a key selling point of the OS thus potentially shooting themselves in the foot in terms of phone sales.

On the other hand, having PS games there instead will be a bigger calling for all the Windows users that do NOT like or own an Xbox but do a PlayStation. And Microsoft's lack of commitment to Xbox Games on Windows Phone should be more than enough to see that Xbox games aren't definitely a selling point for WP.

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

On the other hand, having PS games there instead will be a bigger calling for all the Windows users that do NOT like or own an Xbox but do a PlayStation. And Microsoft's lack of commitment to Xbox Games on Windows Phone should be more than enough to see that Xbox games aren't definitely a selling point for WP.

A bunch of new Xbox games are on their way/recently arrived. I didn't say omit PS games, give both. Cutting one will only risk sales. I am an xbox guy, and I would HIGHLY consider a Sony phone (the only OEM that can rival Nokia in build quality) as long as they allowed me to maintain my ecosystem of devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6