Does no McLaren mean the new high end device

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Will be from the Surface group, not the Lumia group?

It was largely speculated that MS had been working on their own phones for quite some time. Is it possible the new phones will be coming from that "family" rather than the family that came with their Nokia purchase?

Last edited:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does no McLaren mean the new hero device

I've never understood the term 'hero device'. I hate it with a passion....

I'm sure MS have newer 'high end' devicers coming before the end of the year despite the naysayers saying otherwise.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

"We don't need another hero
We don't need to know the way home
All we want is life beyond the thunderdome".....

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I had a complete brain fart and just wanted to post this quick and get back to work. I have corrected my OP...

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
A surface branded phone would be pretty legit. Especially if it followed the same design language. While they're at it they should add a touch cover that implements wireless charging so the phone could be 99% metal. I want it.

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
You know they were working on one before the merger... There has to be something in the works. They could still brand it a Lumia, although l love the idea of the touch cover with Wireless Charging baked in...

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I think Nokia had the perfect opportunity with the 930. Why it's so uninspired, I have no idea. Now they can't just release a 940 after a few months, they have to wait about a year, and all of the other android manufacturers are coming out with more powerful cheaper phones faster than ever. But yea, it seems like there will be no flagship phone till at least Christmas time or early next year

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't understand why people are so up tight about MS cancelling the so called 'McLaren' phone. It was still a concept, not even off the drawing board.
Of course it doesn't mean there are NO new high end devices.....

The 'bells and whistles' approach by other phone manufacturers is just not Nokia's or Microsoft's style. The colour options are all the 'bling' that you will get.
The 1520 is a high end device. So what if it was released nearly a year ago? It still beats most of the so called 'high end' devices Android has to offer at the moment. Plus the battery life is stellar. I mean, if you have an F1 car that runs out of petrol on the first lap, what's the point???

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That may be the HTC One. Just because it isn't a Nokia doesn't mean it's not a flagship phone.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The 'bells and whistles' approach by other phone manufacturers is just not Nokia's or Microsoft's style. The colour options are all the 'bling' that you will get.

That's not true at all. Look at the 1020 camera, ClearBlack technology, and the Surface's kick stand (and dock), for examples. They are pretty "bells and whistles"-y.
I mean, if you have an F1 car that runs out of petrol on the first lap, what's the point???

Not sure how good that analogy is. I'd rather have one really fun lap instead of being able to go all day in a bumper car, haha.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
McLaren was just an idea. A company the size of MS probably has hundreds of them at a time. No way would they not have something ready for the holiday season. They're working on something, they probably just fired the guy that was giving tips to evleaks lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad