WP8.1 GDR1 - update downloaded couldn't be opened

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Third place of what? Are you comparing trash OS like Android with Windows Phone?
Then I have nothing else, useful, to tell you.

Third place in marketshare. Let's not pretend WP isn't hanging on by a thread. Android users know what they're getting into, they know they'll get 1, maybe 2 major updates and that's it. And they don't mind mucking around with firmware and custom mods. That's part of the package, part of the fun. Apple users by and large don't install the beta OS, b/c they don't need to, they don't have to wait forever and a day for the OS update to get approved by the carrier.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It's a valid complaint. MS is in a very distant 3rd place here, they can't afford to have a "if you don't like it, don't use it" attitude. People are just trying to run up to date software instead of waiting a year for their carrier to approve it. It's not like they're rooting their Android device and installing custom firmware here.

No, but this whole software is a beta test. It's so Microsoft can get everything right for the 1% of the overall test base (while the other 99% either don't know about this program, or don't care) get the official release when it's out. Sadly, this scenario has to exist, but thankfully it gives Microsoft a chance to fix it so it doesn't happen again. Same with the HTC ordeal, which other OEMs might be apart of next year if they follow HTC's lead.

Just have to be patient, this may take a week, maybe two, or it may take a couple days, depending on the main cause. Sorry for the inconvenience, nobody is perfect, and I hope you can fully understand what is going on - which is something blocking people from running the update for an unknown reason.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Third place in marketshare. Let's not pretend WP isn't hanging on by a thread. Android users know what they're getting into, they know they'll get 1, maybe 2 major updates and that's it. And they don't mind mucking around with firmware and custom mods. That's part of the package, part of the fun. Apple users by and large don't install the beta OS, b/c they don't need to, they don't have to wait forever and a day for the OS update to get approved by the carrier.

Got it, although I still prefer stability and performance.
So ill trade the so called market share (40% of Google market is trash anyways) for what I said before.
I got plenty of updates this year with windows phone, super happy here.

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's an unfortunate situation. I guess I just had higher expectations. Something is definitely wonky with Rogers in Canada though. There seems to be an awful lot of them complaining about their 920's not updating.

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Got it, although I still prefer stability and performance.
So ill trade the so called market share (40% of Google market is trash anyways) for what I said before.
I got plenty of updates this year with windows phone, super happy here.

Me too, absolutely. Stability and performance is why I went WP, after a year and a half with an Android. Which is why I'm so disappointed with this. If Rogers was better with their updates I'd have not bothered with the DP, but they're like to take until 2015 to release it and I had intended to upgrade by then anyway.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm now that the ones with the ..30f error can make it by Nokia Repair Tool and rollback, then make all regular updates and then Dev Pre update and get Update 1.

Cheers

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm now that the ones with the ..30f error can make it by Nokia Repair Tool and rollback, then make all regular updates and then Dev Pre update and get Update 1.

Cheers

thanks....i just finished the update. and i actually got all my backup restored.
Note: only wp8.1 update allows you to use wifi to initiate a restore when you don't have data (i.e if you try to restore with wp8.0 you wont see a connect to wifi option and then you'll need to have a data connection to initiate the restore). since i didnt have data on my phone, what i did was update to wp8.1 then reset the phone again to start the initial setup again then i want prompted to use wifi for a restore.

High Heels

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Million potentially customers of some new Lumia edition will think twice next time they are going to buy new phone. Times $500, enough to act quickly and not to wait for days for an explanation

Are you nuts? Another one who doesn't understand, that this is preliminary software for developers, not final bits.

xaris93

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Ativ S, and had the 80188308 error even after i reset my phone. Now i made it, i have updated my phone (i had to downgrade to wp8.0 and then update 5-6 time until i get all updates). My ROM is GT-I8750_XXCMK2_R_signed, and my CSC is COA (i had the same even before downgrade so i dont know what the problem was)
Sorry for my english...

daredevildan

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 had the same problems as most. Download simply wouldn't install and I was previously on the DP. Used the Nokia repair tool then installed all updates all the way to the latest 8.1 GDR1. Now just need Cyan and I'm all set.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I had that error on my 925 (8.1dp with Cyan). It seems that only thing that helps is to connect the phone to computer and start software recovery tool. It will downgrade Lumia to WP8 with Black firmware. After that don't install PfD! Go on Check for updates and install official 8.1 wich will install Cyan too. After that install PfD and then you'll be able to install 8.1 update1. Note that you'll lost everything on phone, so backup!!!
It seems MS screwed something up with 8.1PfD edition, so I guess there is no other way to repair it.
Cheers and good luck!

Stefan Ilchev

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have ATiv S which is impossible to update. Yesterday i tried sverela times ( more than 10 )
Now i will try again, this time i will downgrade till wp8.0 GDR1 then we`ll see what will happen. WIll keep you posted

xaris93

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have ATiv S which is impossible to update. Yesterday i tried sverela times ( more than 10 )
Now i will try again, this time i will downgrade till wp8.0 GDR1 then we`ll see what will happen. WIll keep you posted

I did something similar, just i downgrade to wp8.0 GDR3 and then install the PfD. After 5-6 updates, my phone is at last version of WP :)

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Quick question-I've had the DP version of 8.1 since that was available, its been so long now I can't recall if the official 8.1 is out yet (for my device) a Lumia 920 here in the UK. Is it?! If I use the software recovery tool and downgrade to obtain Update 1, then how do I update to 8.1 from 8.0 before the install of the dev preview /app version? I'm worried if I down grade then I wont get back to where i am now...

OscarLima

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Quick question-I've had the DP version of 8.1 since that was available, its been so long now I can't recall if the official 8.1 is out yet (for my device) a Lumia 920 here in the UK. Is it?! If I use the software recovery tool and downgrade to obtain Update 1, then how do I update to 8.1 from 8.0 before the install of the dev preview /app version? I'm worried if I down grade then I wont get back to where i am now...

U should check which phone have already had the update in UK, but i believe only the L925/L625 and L1320/L1520 got it till now. So yeah, if u downgrade u wont be able to turn back to cyan but u can install the 8.1 GDR1.

Check the availability on nokias site.

High Heels

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I am not agree. Most of the devs are paying to be devs. They has a dead line for the new apps. So i think they must have a privilegue
That's not this case with this guy. He is clearly not an developer and he is talking about average customer. Totally misunderstanding of what PDF is meant for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3