Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

TheWenisKing

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Things were going fine until I updated to the GDR1 on my Lumia 620. My phone is a little more laggy and, at least one point, the vibrate on my keys were unresponsive. It froze a few times as well.

Just waiting on Cricket to finish testing Cyan here in the US. My hopes are that the official 8.1 release with the Nokia firmware will get this phone running as smoothly as it did on WP 8.0 with the same battery longevity.

ssushmanth

May 21, 2014
Visit site
What will happen if i have windows phone 8.1 update 1 and then lumia cyan is available for my L820 ..will i be able to install Lumia cyan?? If so installing Lumia cyan will i loose GDR1??

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
What will happen if i have windows phone 8.1 update 1 and then lumia cyan is available for my L820 ..will i be able to install Lumia cyan?? If so installing Lumia cyan will i loose GDR1??
Don't get confused with OS and firmware....cyan is the firmware.....gdr1 is the OS update you wont loose
anything....enjoy both 😉

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
5eduhy8u.png

I am shocked after seeing my battery status. This is the first time i got such result. Update 1 improved battery life.
Nokia Lumia 925 India

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have done a hard reset now and it is worse than it was before. Now I am seeing the issue on photos and other images. Also, it is VERY slow now. Start screen can take 60+ seconds to update very laggy. I am assuming at this point it may be due to the restore of my backup and synching my accounts. I am giving it some time.

I know the answer to this but have to ask anyway, is there any way to remove Update 1 from the phone and just go back to 8.1?

Thanks,

Steven Perry

... actually YES but very indirectly

flash an 8.0 ROM to the phone & then upgrade to Cyan (or wait for Cyan to be available for your device s/b soon.).

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
For all those unable to get 8.1 Update on an unlocked Samsung ATIV S running the dev preview, do a hard reset. It worked for,me. After trying and failing to update 4-6 times, I bit the bullet, backed up my phone, did a hard reset. Once that was done, I downloaded the Dev Preview app and re-registered the device. Then lastly, I checked for,the update. Sure enough, the update downloaded and installed perfectly. Cheers.

Pacherecords

May 15, 2013
Visit site
After update my Lumia 1520 turns hot after a few minutes of use (whats app, line, facebook, no games) and the performance now is really poor including the battery life. Any solution?? i think is a bug in the update =(

Factory Unlocked Lumia 1520 C. V. Hong Kong W. O. Cyan update

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
seems Project My Screen not work after Update 1....
i posted a question about this in the Lumia Icon section yesterday (>>>Here<<<), but it just seems to be over looked.
So I don?t know if this should be listed as a new feature of update 1, or is this a "problem" that should be addressed.

Last edited:

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Can't record video anymore in Nokia Camera app after updating to GDR1 on my Lumia 930. It does work in the MIcrosoft Camera app... Tried re-installing the app but no luck. Anyone else had this issue and/or found a solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)