Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

fauzanade

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion nd Problem Solving Thread

myTube just broke because this update, it's keep force closing. does anyone having the same problem?

dray111

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Same here buddy... Cortana not yet working. I think an update should be coming in for the alpha version

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 920, current OS 899, can't update to Update1. The phone can download the update, and prepare for update.But when it get reboot into the 'gear'. It will automatically boot up and show this screen. Can't update. I've tried 4 time..Have any one has the same situation?

View attachment 75106

I am having the same issue. Does anyone have a solution?

sp990

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana Alpha settings

Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully the setup steps below from a coming help topic can assist:

In the App list, tap Settings Settings icon > Language. You should have one of the following languages installed as the first or only choice for your locale:
• English (Australia)
• English (Canada)
• English (India)

Note
If you install a new language, you may need to restart your phone before you can set it to use that language.

In Settings Settings icon > Region, make sure that Country/Region is set to the correct country/region for your locale:
• Australia
• Canada
• India

In Settings Settings icon > Speech, set Speech language to the following settings for your locale:
• For Australia, English (United Kingdom)
• For Canada, English (United States)
• For India, English (United Kingdom)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

I noticed this also. Had to change to all from favorites in pic live tile setting. Would prefer using my fave, but for now this seems to work.

Works for me. Try going to settings and selecting Favs then hit Shuffle now.

ashreeram

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
For using cortana in india----
Change your language and speech to 'English UK'....that will do it. U don't have to change your region. I am using it by that setting.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

myTube just broke because this update, it's keep force closing. does anyone having the same problem?

myTube works just fine for me! Not a single crash so far in 8.1.1. If the crashes still exist try to reinstall it!

Does anyone have live tile for store,
I have enabled d live tile option in store settings
But its not working

Yes, same here. Does anybody know how to enable the store live tile? It's activated in store settings but it doesn't work!

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Live Folders are amazing!, not trying to suck on M$ but the new feature is awesome:

-animations are really smooth
-Aesthetic is great, really merges into WP8
-Functionality is superb, just like the videos.

I really thought this new feature would affect the performance of the OS but it's surprisingly polished, another thing WP does better than iOS and even Android L.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

myTube works just fine for me! Not a single crash so far in 8.1.1. If the crashes still exist try to reinstall it!

Yes, same here. Does anybody know how to enable the store live tile? It's activated in store settings but it doesn't work!

Maybe it only works when you have updates...

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cortana Alpha settings

Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully the setup steps below from a coming help topic can assist:

In the App list, tap Settings Settings icon > Language. You should have one of the following languages installed as the first or only choice for your locale:
? English (Australia)
? English (Canada)
? English (India)

Note
If you install a new language, you may need to restart your phone before you can set it to use that language.

In Settings Settings icon > Region, make sure that Country/Region is set to the correct country/region for your locale:
? Australia
? Canada
? India

In Settings Settings icon > Speech, set Speech language to the following settings for your locale:
? For Australia, English (United Kingdom)
? For Canada, English (United States)
? For India, English (United Kingdom)

In Canada with all the correct settings, still not working. I rebooted to use Uk English instead of US...doesnt matter still doesn't work.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site

I noticed this also. Had to change to all from favorites in pic live tile setting. Would prefer using my fave, but for now this seems to work.

Also had this problem. All you have to do is change the setting, exit, then go back in and change it back to your original setting and it works correctly. This happened to be on the original 8.1 PfD, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs