can't connect my phone with my pc anymore

jtphl

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the USB settings , also, when phone is attached via usb, it only charges, not possible to move around files. My phone is still in Lumia Black, and Windows Phone Update 1.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the USB settings , also, when phone is attached via usb, it only charges, not possible to move around files. My phone is still in Lumia Black, and Windows Phone Update 1.

It should be under Settings>USB.....

If it is there then uncheck "Ask me before using data connection". It should then function normally.

If the USB setting is not there, then it could be because you have the Black firmware. It may require Cyan....

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I have USB settings in my L620 Black 8.1 Dev Pre version either but can at least still connect to my Vista PC and manage files etc. However I have found these threads which may help: Hidden WP8.1 USB settings uncovered with Bing’s help | Pocketnow and also in WPCentral there is an article all about the hidden USB settings which says:
1 Launch Bing or Cortana
2 Type in USB
3 Swipe left to 'phone'
Tap Settings>USB
What is happening is Cortana is doing a search on the device and which is now part of WP8.1 and it is showing a previously hidden function.

Sorry, seems this has now been removed from GDR1!, my mistake.

Last edited:

Ouzzi

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem right now and I don't have USB settings anywhere on my phone.

Did you find any solution to this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea