Folders in Windows 8.1 GDR1

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I just updated to GDR1 on my 1520 and I have to admit, I love Live Folders! They're the perfect way to organize your start screen without loosing the live aspect of the Tiles.

How many of you have updated and have already switched your home to use Live Folders? Share your screens here...

I'll post mine shortly.

Regards.

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Can u please help me in getting live folder to start screen..??

If you have GDR1 installed, all you need to do is drag one tile on top of another and it will create the folder for you. You can then move tiles inside the folders, size them as needed, and also set a name on the folder.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I just updated to GDR1 on my 1520 and I have to admit, I love Live Folders! They're the perfect way to organize your start screen without loosing the live aspect of the Tiles.

How many of you have updated and have already switched your home to use Live Folders? Share your screens here...

I'll post mine shortly.

Regards.
Totally agree. I updated my 1520 this morning as well and I already organized my start screen so that everything is on 2 pages. Stuff that gets used but rarely go into a folder. My only problem is to not go crazy with organizing and basically turn my WP into IOS.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one not liking folders?
Just seems not fun to me. Not to mention I don't have much tiles on my screen, so putting them in folders would mean I'd have even less tiles, so I would have like half a page.
My StartScreen is preety perfect the way it is now.

regi7

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Just seems not fun to me. Not to mention I don't have much tiles on my screen, so putting them in folders would mean I'd have even less tiles, so I would have like half a page.

They're meant for use if you want to use them. Don't if you don't. I think they're really easy and convenient and much better than the app folders app.

spizzlee

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
SO much better than the folders app. I dont have to scroll far now and i can finally pin the apps i dont use often and just have them in folders :D

wp_ss_20140804_0003.png

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Not much fun? It's not supposed to be!!

I think it's useful for people who have 20 or more apps pinned to the Start screen. Probably makes it easier to organise without scrolling through screens of Live Tiles.
It's still an elegant addition from MS.... Works well. Not that I use it, but still.....

Kentcomp

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I used LTs to replace my previous "Travel" App Folder which held Alaska, American, Delta, United, Hilton, et al tiles. I love anything that's LIVE!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs